Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

qa1 fnt coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default qa1 fnt coilovers

anyone do the qa1 fnt coilovers? i got my parts in and it looks like im missing parts. Do you reuse anything of the car or old strut? btw this on an 02 camaro
Old 05-10-2009, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by BuckaroooZ28
anyone do the qa1 fnt coilovers? i got my parts in and it looks like im missing parts. Do you reuse anything of the car or old strut? btw this on an 02 camaro
Lets see, you'll reuse the lower shock mount bolts/nuts, and the complete upper mount assembly.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:33 AM
12 Second Club

yeah its pretty easy. as far as the parts you received, the jam nut goes on first, then goes the spring cup. then the thrust bearings (BUY THE THRUST BEARINGS). then the spring. when you take out the old strut, whatever doesn't come with the qa1's...you reuse, which is basically the upper strut mounts and the lower two bolts like stated above. make sure you use the bolt that comes with your coilover for the top mount...the OEM bolt is a different pitch and WILL strip your strut bolt.

i didn't use the little boot inside the spring, mostly cause it doesn't fit in the new springs.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by birdmaro
yeah its pretty easy. as far as the parts you received, the jam nut goes on first, then goes the spring cup. then the thrust bearings (BUY THE THRUST BEARINGS). then the spring. when you take out the old strut, whatever doesn't come with the qa1's...you reuse, which is basically the upper strut mounts and the lower two bolts like stated above. make sure you use the bolt that comes with your coilover for the top mount...the OEM bolt is a different pitch and WILL strip your strut bolt.

i didn't use the little boot inside the spring, mostly cause it doesn't fit in the new springs.
do you mean the nuts you get for the top of the strut cuz i didnt get any bolts
Old 05-12-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BuckaroooZ28
do you mean the nuts you get for the top of the strut cuz i didnt get any bolts
Yes.