Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Been out of the loop for 1.5 years. Need suspension and brake suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Been out of the loop for 1.5 years. Need suspension and brake suggestions.

Hows it going guys....

I stored away my SS about a year and half ago when I got my company car and I haven't touched it since then. Now I'm getting ready to put it back on the road so I kinda forgot the various suspension upgrades we can do on our cars. I believe the previous owner put LG hypercoils (I think) on it. Stock shocks. I then later added 315 ZR1's. The car is low as hell and I get tire rub on my passenger side outer fender. Guessing because I never installed a panhard rod and the car is dropped so low. From what I rememer the shocks are completely shot.... car handles like ****. Body roll, hops and skips over mid corner bumps, kinda iffy feeling at high speeds. My stock 1993 Z28 handled much better than this car. Also the stock LS1 brakes are warped to hell and back.

I'd like to get rid of mid corner hops and get this thing planted. Seems like Strano springs and Koni shocks are the way to go from what I've been reading. I drive pretty aggressive so the way the car handles and brakes is a big priority for me. Ride quality is not that much of a concern so I'm willing to sacrifice it. Any recommendations on alignment after I get the suspension done would be greatly appreciated. I don't really know where to begin with Brakes..... I'm going to stay with the 17 inch ZR1's, possibly go to a 315 ZR1 wheel in the front as well. I've got about $1200-$1500 set aside for brakes. Ready to listen to any advice....
Old 05-13-2009, 02:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up A suggestion for you!

Hello
I noticed that you are having a rubbing issue due to the car being lowered! I just figured that I would throw this out there for you that UMI Performance has a few different adjustable pan hard bars to choose from. Below is a link to show you what we have to offer.
http://www.umiperformance.com/produc...ategory_id=124
And as far as brakes go we offer a C5 Brake kit as well Below is another link for those!
http://www.umiperformance.com/produc...ategory_id=117
If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad

Last edited by UMI Sales; 05-14-2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:14 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GeneCamaro27
Hows it going guys....

I stored away my SS about a year and half ago when I got my company car and I haven't touched it since then. Now I'm getting ready to put it back on the road so I kinda forgot the various suspension upgrades we can do on our cars. I believe the previous owner put LG hypercoils (I think) on it. Stock shocks. I then later added 315 ZR1's. The car is low as hell and I get tire rub on my passenger side outer fender. Guessing because I never installed a panhard rod and the car is dropped so low. From what I rememer the shocks are completely shot.... car handles like ****. Body roll, hops and skips over mid corner bumps, kinda iffy feeling at high speeds. My stock 1993 Z28 handled much better than this car. Also the stock LS1 brakes are warped to hell and back.

I'd like to get rid of mid corner hops and get this thing planted. Seems like Strano springs and Koni shocks are the way to go from what I've been reading. I drive pretty aggressive so the way the car handles and brakes is a big priority for me. Ride quality is not that much of a concern so I'm willing to sacrifice it. Any recommendations on alignment after I get the suspension done would be greatly appreciated. I don't really know where to begin with Brakes..... I'm going to stay with the 17 inch ZR1's, possibly go to a 315 ZR1 wheel in the front as well. I've got about $1200-$1500 set aside for brakes. Ready to listen to any advice....

Hello, you definitely need a panhard bar. I just wanted to give you some other options as far as your suspension needs go. We offer lowering springs with a 1.25" drop. The front rate is 550lbs the rear 160lbs. We also offer front and rear sway bars along with all of your other suspension needs. Instead of typing out a book with all of our parts and their benefits if you can give me a call. Its much easier to discuss what parts you may or may not need. Our tech deprartment is available till 6pm est monday-friday.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: Been out of the loop for 1.5 years. Need suspension and brake suggestions.