Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need brake help ASAP please !

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need brake help ASAP please !

So i ordered some new wheels centerline split spoke 15x10 7" bs rear and 15x7 5"bs front. I know i can make the back work sense the breaks are smaller but the front is a different story. They are to big even with grinding they still will be. They say the inside diameter on the wheels is 13" so now that leaves me with trying to find a new caliper that will fit and be under 6 1/2" from center of the hub to the outside of the caliper. I need help knowing the mount center for the calipers of a stock break caliper on the front also the mount offset, and the rotor thickness i can get myself as well with the diameter but i need all of the deminsions for the stock brakes so i can get new calipers that will mount up with the stock rotors but not be as wide so that they will fit the 15's. Beacause right now i am sitting at about 6 3/4 inches from center hub to outside of the caliper . i need something at least 1/4 to a half inch smaller if someone could help me out i would really really appraciate it.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Launching!

i just need to know what caliper will fit on there and give me enough room to fit that wheel anyone ?
Old 05-18-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Regular

Are the LT1 brakes smaller? It seems like those guys will install LS1 brakes but I've never looked into why.

Vernon
Old 05-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Launching!

thats what i was thinking also . i need to know the size on a lt1 from center of the hub to the outside of a lt1 caliper
Old 05-18-2009, 10:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

drag brakes. I don't think you'll get the LT1 brakes to work either unless you're running spacers and grinding. Caliper overhang will also be an important consideration, not just overall size. LT1's have a pad clip that often gets in the way. Drag brakes are what you need to make them fit easier. I can set you up with what you'll need.

LT1 brakes are heavier and stop worse...so I'm not sure why one would even consider them.

Since you chose 15's in that configuration for some reason...drag racing for performance isn't probably what you're after.

Hopefully you didn't mounnt the wheels...or they are yours. If you didn't mount them, return them and reconsider a different setup. I can build you a variety of configuration. It comes down to what you're wanting to do and how much you want to spend.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Launching!

well what can you get for drag brakes so i can make it work. Haven't got the wheels yet and no haven't mounted them yet either. I just wanna try and find a caliper that will fit and thats why i thought of the lt1 front and grinding them but i think the mounts are different . any help would be great ! Thanks.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Strange drag brakes. You'll be dumping ~55 lbs as well. You can view them here:

http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com/cam_...1.html#Strange Drag Rotors
Old 05-23-2009, 08:27 PM
Launching!

is there anyway i can get just a smaller caliper that will fit the stock rotor and maybe just turn the stock rotor down in diamter ??