Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Performance--Proven results

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 09:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Default Strano Performance--Proven results

It's become readily apparent that spin and propaganda have taken over certain posts around here lately. I'm tired of hearing how great this and that is without a shred of supporting evidence. As such, I felt it was time to remind folks just what makes Strano Performance Parts different from most other companies:

1. I own a 2001 Z28, in fact I've been driving it to work all this week.

2. I have multiple SCCA National Championships, 4 in my Camaro. I use my competition to learn about car setup and how changes and parts effect it. I've proven I learn well. I was voted the SCCA's 2008 Driver of the Year for the entire US withing my chosen discipline.

3. I, personally have been featured in AutoWeek, Performance Business, and on the cover of GM High Tech Performance. I am one man, not advertising agents to drum up the coverage--those folks called me.

4. I did a suspension for GM High Tech Performance magazine. You can read the articles and see the results here:
http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php...ghlight=1sc-ya
http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php...ghlight=1sc-ya
You will find not only unbiased opinions about how the suspension works, but also (and this is critical), hard numbers showing the speed difference that comes from Strano Performance setups. Here's a hint: Over a 1:30 baseline lap, my stuff dropped 3.4 seconds on suspension alone. Another 3.5 with stickier tires, that the suspension easily handled. Shows not only speed, but that the setup works on various types of rubber and that while I might run a lot on R-compound stickies, that the parts and work stand up on any decent tire. And is should be noted the driver wasn't a newbie hack, but has road-course experience including having been to Bob Boundurant's School in Arizona so the time wasn't gained from "learning" how to drive around corners.

5. I am not a marketing guy, which is why you don't see me spamming the board telling every person with a question he needs X, Y and Z. In fact, I should be more that way, just yesterday a guy told me he didn't know I did other suspension parts beyond springs and shocks because I *don't* blow up the boards with that sort of thing. I am a car guy, I act like a car guy, because I am. I own my business, and it's more important for my customers to get what they need than a quicky sale. I ask you all to remember that when gathering information from various sources.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-18-2009, 11:34 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its funny how the bigger companys seem to be scared of the little one man shop. I guess its the quality and experience they can't compete with. Sam has my vote!
Old 08-18-2009, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

+1 here Sams the man
Old 08-18-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

been extremely happy with the service and products that I got.

I would (and do) recommend sam to anyone!
Old 08-18-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here, I was extremely happy with the service I recieved from Sam when I bought my Koni shocks. He spent 10 minutes with me on the phone explaining the adjustments and how to set them up
Old 08-18-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just out of curiosty,are you using the same springs that you sell on here for our cars and im gonna assume koni shocks, in the car that you drove to your multiple SCCA championships? Or is this a completely different setup that you use on your own car.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

I managed to knock 4 - 5 seconds per lap off of my times at a couple different tracks I run, going from stock suspension, to Sam's springs & bars, and Koni shocks . The parts work, no question.

My 2002 Z28 is also a daily driver too .

Anyone who has dealt with Sam directly, knows he's great to deal with. I just thought it would be worth quantifying the results .
Old 08-18-2009, 03:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Striker
Just out of curiosty,are you using the same springs that you sell on here for our cars and im gonna assume koni shocks, in the car that you drove to your multiple SCCA championships? Or is this a completely different setup that you use on your own car.
My car has my rear springs in it. I have (and had before) my fronts converted to coil-over so I could test various springs in order to develop the car (and the spring rates and ride height that derived from that knowlege).

I'm sure someone will completely ignore the rate/height/R&D aspect of it and just say "he doesn't even use his own springs". And for that person, where-ever them might be--they are stupid.

I have used various springs over the years, that's how I developed mine--by trial and error testing, something I could not have done without running the setup I have on my car. The beneficiary of that is you guys. And fwiw, I've won Nationals on both slightly softer and slightly stiffer front springs depending on what tires I was using that year... but always the same rate in the rear, 150.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Launching!

Sam, did you get my message about what color panhard bar I wanted?
Old 08-18-2009, 04:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yep. Red it is Kevin.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hell of a great guy to talk to and the stuff actually works, sign me up... oh wait, my car already is... if only the watts link would work with a fab 9 id be all over that. doesnt get much better than Sam IMO
Old 08-18-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Regular

Ive bought lots of suspension parts from Sam, including his springs & Koni's......just another happy customer

I dont think the big shops are scared of the small one man shops, they just want to use them if they can and run them out of business to make all the profit......GREED
Old 08-18-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Got his springs and waiting on the Konis. Down the road its strano sway bars and a watts link. +1 for the sam board
Old 08-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Launching!

+1 for another happy Strano Performance customer.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:44 PM
12 Second Club

Just ordered springs earlyer Sam. It was great talking to you on the phone and I appreciate all the advice you gave me about where I could save some money. He's not joking when he says he isn't just trying to sell parts. He's talking me out of spending money, lol. Can't want until I can pickup the Koni's and a set of Strano bars along with a nice watt's link.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll throw a good word out for Sam as well.

Years back, when I first tried to buy some suspension parts from him, he talked me out of a lot of parts that I wanted to buy. Sam encouraged me to spend less money than I had originally planned to & said, "Start with these parts & you can always buy the other items later if you are not satisfied the setup" His advice was dead on & I'm very happy with his combination of springs, shocks & sway bars.

Years later (this year), I went on to add the Watts link with great results.

I now like throwing the car into corners so well that I actually wear the front tires out as fast as the rears....
Old 08-18-2009, 10:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
And is should be noted the driver wasn't a newbie hack, but has road-course experience including having been to Bob Boundurant's School in Arizona so the time wasn't gained from "learning" how to drive around corners.
This is something I've always wondered about in the Horsepower TV and other "road course tests". A lot of times I hear "first the stock setup was tested.. then setup X was tested.. setup X proved to be faster". I know that I get faster as the day goes on on specific courses.. so I find it hard to believe that learning the course/track is never a factor on some of these test results.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sam's a good person, who prides himself on the quality of service he provides. No cold blood flowing through his veins!
He has a quality that's rare in this day and age, keep up the good work Sam!
Old 08-18-2009, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Can't even believe we get to purchase performance parts developed by Sam. Huge previlage to be able to do that. Thanks for the parts Sam, would buy from you other than a smooth talking salesman telling me what I wanna hear any day.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:43 AM
12 Second Club

I will get my parts for my car asap, and I will buy strano swaybars. And i would have bought springs as well. But i allready got an other brand springs(wich i am not saticfied with) And I might change them as well. And i have to get me that Wattslink, so sick of one tire rubing when I have fully loaded car.

Thanks Strano for letting us share your experiance!

Quick Reply: Strano Performance--Proven results