Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What is the stock engine/tranny angle on an A4?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 08:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What is the stock engine/tranny angle on an A4?

I have been chasing a vibration for a few weeks now and have tried many opinions on driveline angles. I got the vibration down pretty good, but there is still a bunch to go.

I swapped in a th400 and a Moser 9", and the entire rear suspension has been changed to double adjustable everything. When I swapped the tranny, I went by the sticky in the automatic tranny section about using a manual tranny crossmember and 1" worth of spacers to achieve the stock angle. Well, I know that's not exactly correct.

I have been looking a long time on the net trying to find what all the stock angles are. I found that from the factory, the rear end was set at -2 degrees. Going by a few sponsers info on adjusting pinion angle just doesn't work. They don't take in account the angle of the engine / tranny. I have tried a ton of angles, but cannot get it perfect. So my question is:

On a stock A4 car, with stock engine and tranny mounts, what is the factory angle off of the back of the tranny? Measuring on the end of the tailshaft w/ the driveshaft removed.

I am going to try to set it all back to a stock angles and see if that helps.

I have all the GM service manuals, but I cannot seem to find that info in them.
Can anyone help?

thanks for taking the time to read this

mark jr.