Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

street cars with a drag suspension come on in!

Old 09-12-2009, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default street cars with a drag suspension come on in!

im thinking of selling my strano bars that i haven't installed yet and im thinking when i go to buy my midwest fab 9 in a few months im going to go with his drag bar and the rest of the setup he has too offer. so i want to know for you guys that i running a drag bar and shocks and springs how are they for the street?

list your setup please. also, are they too bouncey,how are they compared to the crappy stock setup. i like to drive on the street a lot and not just the drag strip so i don't want too much of a boaty feel. i was going to go with a strano setup with his shocks and springs but that would affect ET's. so recommend me a good streetable drag setup that i can adjust at and off the strip thanks! btw, are you guys running a front sway bar with a drag bar and if so which one?
Old 09-13-2009, 04:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

a drag bar will make the rear end super slide happy when trying to exit corners, the only reason i dont have one. if and when you get it dont try to power out into traffic or something unless your going strait.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

sounds like watching your throttle just like getting caught in the rain and taking corners
Old 09-14-2009, 06:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pretty much have the exact setup your asking about. Problem is it's not in the car yet!!!

From my upgrades last year I can tell you all the rod ends are LOUD!

If your run adjustable shocks (Strange,QA1,Afco...) with a good spring then I don't think it'll be a huge difference. Obviously it won't handle corners like a Ferrari.

I don't run a front sway bar and the front end can move a little bit on bumps. I'm guessing it'll be worse now that the nose is quite a bit lighter.

The term "streetable" has basically become open ended because folks like myself will throw a race car with tags on the road and call it streetable. I would determine what you want the car to handle like on the street and go from there. I personally don't care about ride quality so my suspension is 100% rod end with DA shocks up front and SA out back with a Spool, manual brakes and steering.

Not sure if I answered any of your questions or not.

~Jim~
Old 09-14-2009, 07:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
sounds like watching your throttle just like getting caught in the rain and taking corners
That's for sure! A few other suggestions for you would be seeing how you are looking into a aftermarket rear end. I would suggest going with a stock spring in the rear and like mention above. I would highly suggest a good adjustable rear shock. And go with a coil over in the front for weight transfer reasons (300 lbs spring). Below is a link to show you what I am explaining.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...b43rvn1fe7q394

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: street cars with a drag suspension come on in!