Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

impala ss with ctsv calipers

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default impala ss with ctsv calipers

i got a 06 impala ss with factory 12 inch rotors but wanna get the ctsv calipers would i need the f body brackets or do i already have the right brackets.?any input..?
Old 10-05-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think you are a little misinformed.

First of all, the CTS-V Brembo calipers must be used with 14" rotors. No adaptor bracket exists that would allow use with a smaller rotor. Obviously this would require 18" or larger wheels.

Second, there are no "brackets", f-body or otherwise. The CTS-V calipers are fixed, meaning there is no caliper bracket, period. The caliper itself bolts to the spindle directly, its called a lug mounted caliper. However, as far as I know, the W-body (Impala) does share the same caliper bolt pattern as the F-body, except it uses 14mm bolts instead of 12mm bolts. So theoretically, you could bolt the CTS-V caliper to your spindle by using some 14mm to 12mm bolt sleeves.

This leads to the third problem...offset. Being that your Impala is FWD, its got a very high offset on the front wheels. Meaning even with the stock brakes, the wheel is very close to the caliper. So there would not be even close to enough room for a fixed pot caliper like the CTS-V, as they are much wider than a regular floating caliper like your car has on it now. The only solution to this is to get different wheels or wheel spacers, which would make your front wheels stick out past the fender wells and not look good at all.

Hope that answers your question.

Quick Reply: impala ss with ctsv calipers