Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

car tripping?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car tripping?

Hey everybody. Well I want to find out why my car when turning quick and bringing it right back where I was if feels like its tippin? Like the wheels have a mind of their own and the body is delayed in catches back up with the wheels? Am making any sense? kinda of hard to describe. If anyone from a round me would like to meet up sometime and drive my car that know something about suspension please pm me asap! thanks
Old 10-24-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you aftermarket wheels and stock shocks/springs?
Old 10-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Shockwave179
Do you aftermarket wheels and stock shocks/springs?
Stock 16s and stock tire size for the car. (and their new tires) stock front shocks and springs. New rear spring and shocks. Over the summer I put new lca bushings in and end links all the way around. The rear is out of a ws6 trans am with 66,000 miles (does the ws6 weigh more the my stock rear) on it that I put in. I put the stock rear sway bar for the six cylinder back on the car. lol!!! yeah I got a 6er. my car is the y87 rpo package. Does this info help?
Old 10-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Launching!

speed and angle of the turns are going to make any car fell like it`s tippin. you can change to koni`s with adjustable bound and rebound allowing the wheel to move more freely keeping in contact to the road youy may want to up grade your suspension with bigger sway bars and strut brace. the tires of 2day grip better than when your car was made. lca`s are good start but they main help control streight line accelaration.