Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach pro kit

Old 10-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach pro kit

hey everybody hows it going, i just transferred over from fullthrottlev6 so im new to the V8 game. Well my sixer finally died and i have an eibach pro kit on it and i was wondering if i can transfer it over to the 95 Z im buying, or will i need a new kit, due to the excess weight?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The pro kit is regarded as the crappest spring kit on the market for F-bodies. It lowers the car too far and the spring rates are not high enough to keep the car of the jounce bumpers when encountering even the smallest bumps on eh road. Plus people have reported may issues with the rears sagging over time.

If you gonna do all the work, why not put a good set of springs on the car, like stranos.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Teching In

I realize they may not be the best but I did just buy the car so its not like i have money to throw at a nice set of springs, just simply wondering whether the spring rating for the front coil overs would be sufficient.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure they are comparable in price to GOOD springs. Check Strano, BMR, UMI; just to name a few...
Old 10-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Teching In

I think you misunderstand, im wondering if my eibach pro kit that is currently on my 6er could be swapped to my Z. I know it will fit im just wondering if the engine will be too heavy for them.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

V-6 springs are lighter than V-8 springs. Can you swap them? Yes. Should you? No.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-28-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
V-6 springs are lighter than V-8 springs. Can you swap them? Yes. Should you? No.
EXACTLY! Phyically they will fit though...but personally I would leave the car alone sell the pro kit if you can and save until you can buy strano springs. I dont know about you but I prefer to do things once on a car.

BTW congrats on moving up to the V8 world. U should start saving now cause the modding is inescapeable. Enjoy
Old 10-28-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Major_Lee_Slow
The pro kit is regarded as the crappest spring kit on the market for F-bodies. It lowers the car too far and the spring rates are not high enough to keep the car of the jounce bumpers when encountering even the smallest bumps on eh road. Plus people have reported may issues with the rears sagging over time.

If you gonna do all the work, why not put a good set of springs on the car, like stranos.
That's the LS1 Sportlines I'm betting you're referring to, pure garbage, not sure about the LS1 prokit. The LT1 prokit is actually descent (LT1 sportlines are trash as well).

OP, save up, get stranos, thank us later.

Search this Thread