Sponsored by
Weld Racing

New brakes and pads but I hear hissing

Old 11-07-2009, 02:50 AM   #1
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0
Default New brakes and pads but I hear hissing

I just had put in a new set of EBC red stuff pads and EBC sport rotors on my car. They just have 110 miles on them and I hear a hissing sound when I brake. I am wondering if this is from the "air noise" EBC talks about or is it something else. Also could it be just part of the break in procedures and it will be gone after a few hundred more miles, once the paint is fully off the braking area of the rotors and the pads are a bit worn in? I am driving lets say at 40mph and I start to brake slowly because I am breaking in the new pads and all I hear is hsssssssssss until about 15-10mph and it goes away and sometimes I swear I hear it without braking especially when driving alongside a surface that can bounce the noise back at me, like driving next to the highway dividers but that could be in my head. The brakes have not failed and are braking fine

these are the brakes and pads
Click the image to open in full size.

[B]

Last edited by ICEMAN 31; 11-07-2009 at 03:13 AM..
ICEMAN 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
Launching!
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 15

I think it takes a while for everything to break in, till then you may hear weird noises.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 2

Check your calipers. Sounds like they might be dragging and not fully releasing the pad from the disc...
2002 Firehawk T/A #1368, Navy Blue Metallic, A-4, SLP Manual Fan Switch,Throttle Body Bypass, SLP Smooth Bellows, SLP 85mm MAF, FTRA, Shaner S2 TB, UMI LCA'S and Panhard bar, Bilstein Shocks and Struts, SLP LM2 Exhaust ,LEAD FOOT

2003 ZR2 Blazer, 2in lift, Hypertech Programmer

www.fquick.com/zuuhlsTA
zuuhlsT/A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 6

I have a friend with those rotors and he has the same noise you speak of. It is normal for that rotor and is the air noise as stated by the manufacturer. When he bought them the company told him that if he would be bothered by it not to purchase them.
1999 Black Camaro SS SLP lid, lss, ftra, sb, Textralia 0Z, p&p tb, tbb, g2 rear end girdle and stud kit, energy suspension, Koni's and Strano's, energy suspension motor mounts, sfc, magnaflow w/McCord, pacesetter lt's, ory, ls6 intake, FM13, Patriot Gold duals, gmpp oil pump, LS2 chain, march pulley,Spohn adj torque arm, DS loop, BMR 21mm sway bar, 3.73's and a drag bag.
Tuned by Mike(WS6firebirdTA00) PM him if you need tuning
1989 Toyota MR2 Supercharged (daily driver)
Likestogofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:15 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement