Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Spring Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 12:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spring Questions

Well i have been doing some research and i just cant find what im looking for.
I have an Eibach prokit on my car. It was on the car when i bought it.

i liked it at first until i realized that i really wanted to go fast, at the track that is. ive done relocators and adj LCA's and ive cut a 1.70 60ft on this set up, but i feel i could get more if i change my springs. these things sit WAY low. and im not looking to toss this car into any coners. I would like to raise my car from its current height about 1.5".

This is my Brother in laws car, and i like the way it sits and looks,with the rear end a little lower looking than the front. We havent touched the suspension, i think it has stock springs. just wondering should i find some Stock WS6 springs from somone, or another spring set up.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you like the front but dislike the rear, you could try only placing the OE rear springs back on, however using the "rubber hose mod" instead of the stock spring isolators. It should then give you a decent rake that could help somewhat with acceleration weight transfer.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:59 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1nut377
Well i have been doing some research and i just cant find what im looking for.
I have an Eibach prokit on my car. It was on the car when i bought it.

i liked it at first until i realized that i really wanted to go fast, at the track that is. ive done relocators and adj LCA's and ive cut a 1.70 60ft on this set up, but i feel i could get more if i change my springs. these things sit WAY low. and im not looking to toss this car into any coners. I would like to raise my car from its current height about 1.5".

This is my Brother in laws car, and i like the way it sits and looks,with the rear end a little lower looking than the front. We havent touched the suspension, i think it has stock springs. just wondering should i find some Stock WS6 springs from somone, or another spring set up.
If you decide to change your springs and go with aftermarket ones we offer a set that drop it 1.25" have a front spring rate od 550lbs. vs a stock rate of 300. The rear are a 160lb rate vs a stock rate of 115lbs. Our springs also have a lifetime guarantee against spring sag. We are running a 15% off sale until monday the 16th at 6pm est. Give me a call if you have any questions.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-12-2009, 01:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Or you could consider Strano springs, which are also (and always have been) 550 fronts, but out rears are about 6% softer @ 150 pounds which helps just that little more in sucking up shock to the rear tires. Drag springs are much taller and much softer, and if you want the ultimate drag springs, then I'd recommend Eibach Drag Lauch springs--but they aren't lower at all (in fact taller than stock), and handle like crap.

My springs, which have been around for more than few years now, were developed to both handle (since I'm an autocrosser), and get power down (since part of autox is digging out of 2nd gear corners--and ProSolo's have drag starts, complete with the tree--and we don't prep the surfaces with VHT, etc.).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!