Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

weird noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 02:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird noise

guys,
So im hearing a squeaking noise on my right rear and sometimes on my front right area. its only when im going over bumps or something is compresing. And it really gets noticible as it gets cold.
What is this? shocks or someone mentioned a bushing? (and it dosent do it all the time it just comes and goes)
Any help would be awesome thanks.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bushing noise on the rear is common. Exspecially if you dont drive it much. Start my spraying some lube(penetrating type) to all your bushings. Anywhere that rubber and metal touch. If that fixes it then pull then off and lube them with some silicone paste. Pay close attention to the sway bar bushings. I had to lube a buddies on his 02 collector edition about every 6 months.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Like mentioned above I would suggest getting under the vehicle and seeing what type of shape the bushings are in. And depending how many miles are on the vehicle it might be time to upgrade shocks and bushings. I would suggest going with a poly bushing (they will last longer than rubber). But if you are going to need to replace the bushing I would also suggest upgrading to a aftermarket control arm and pan hard bar and eliminate the flexible factory control arms. Below is a link to show you what all we have to offer.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...rivgpu1s9u7rt5

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.

Thanks
Brad
Old 11-20-2009, 02:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright i will start by checking them out and see what they look like, the car dosent sit too much and has 50k so we will see.