Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Relocation bracket question

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 09:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Relocation bracket question

Since I installed my relocation brackets a few year back, I noticed that my wheels appear to be off center in respect to the wheel arch. They appear to be around 1-1.5" towards the back of the car.

I read somewhere that the relocation brackets are for lowered cars(mine isn't), so would it be necessary for me to install adjustable lca's to fix this problem?
Old 11-21-2009, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes and take it to an alignment shop to do a 4 wheel alignment to correct the thrust angle, thats what i had to do to mine when i put the relo brackets on.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:39 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the reply. Now I just have to decide whether the relocation brackets were worth anything and should I invest in another set of lca's. If not, I may just have to remove them and go back to the stock setup.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

its up to you but they are for lowered cars like mine to correct suspension geometry, so technically you do not need them, but if you drop it 1" to 1.5" you will need them and the car will have a good stance.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i read a lot of people having this issue when installing the relocation brackets. I also had this issue with the wheel not being centered but it was easily fixed with my adjustable LCA's. An alignment wont do crap in the rear since nothing is adjustable(assuming everything is stock)
Old 11-23-2009, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

can anyone explain how the relocation bracket works on a car that's lowered?
Old 11-23-2009, 12:30 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

lowering the car changes the angle of the LCAs, causing a loss of traction and wheel hop (for me anyway).
relocation brackets correct the LCA angles and gain the traction back and get rid of the wheel hop (for me anyway).
some people might argue that they don't help, for me they did wonders.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:28 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Our relocation brackets holes are cut on an arch so your wheelbase should not be altered. They do help with wheel hop and are needed to correct your lca geometry.
The brackets allow you to lower the rear of the lower control arm allowing you to move your instant center of your car rearward. Each car is different and your driving style and the end result you are looking for will dictate which hole is best for your car. If you have any questions please give me a call.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-23-2009, 05:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Our relocation brackets holes are cut on an arch so your wheelbase should not be altered. They do help with wheel hop and are needed to correct your lca geometry.
The brackets allow you to lower the rear of the lower control arm allowing you to move your instant center of your car rearward. Each car is different and your driving style and the end result you are looking for will dictate which hole is best for your car. If you have any questions please give me a call.
Thanks alot for the replies. Looking at my relocation brackets, it does appear that the holes were drilled on a straight line, not on an arc. I guess this explains why my wheels are not centered.

Quick Reply: Relocation bracket question