Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Some suspension qeustions

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some suspension qeustions

So i want to up grade the suspension on my 02 t/a with a few bolt ons. I know i should get lca's but what others would offer the best bang for the buck? What would be the best lca for the money i dont need anything to hardcore i was looking at sophn and umi tubular non adjustable lca. If i get lca do i need relocation brakets since the car isnt lowered? I will be raceing the car on the weekends and daily driving it dureing the week. I want to get mid 11's with my head/cam set up. Thanks
Old 12-07-2009, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the UMI non-adjustable lower control arms and they helped A LOT as far as launching the car, and made every day driving much more pleasant. I would hold off on the relocation brackets. You could get subframe connectors, those will help to eliminate squeeks/rattles and stiffen the car up as well
Old 12-08-2009, 07:14 AM
TECH Junkie

non adj LCA are a great upgrade, i went with BMR poly/rubber bushings for a slightly more street friendly ride. car was noticably more solid on launches.

another very inexpensive upgrade is the torque arm bushing. the stock rubber allows considerable flex. and at $15-20 and an hour's install time...its hard to go wrong.

if you want more suspension than that i would upgrade the torque arm next (obviously this nullifies doing the bushing). it will allow you to really dial in the launch, and is obviously stronger than stock.

relocation brackets did seem to help my car, i wasn't getting wheel hop but it still seemed to squat and dig in better with the brackets.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:16 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97ta383
So i want to up grade the suspension on my 02 t/a with a few bolt ons. I know i should get lca's but what others would offer the best bang for the buck? What would be the best lca for the money i dont need anything to hardcore i was looking at sophn and umi tubular non adjustable lca. If i get lca do i need relocation brakets since the car isnt lowered? I will be raceing the car on the weekends and daily driving it dureing the week. I want to get mid 11's with my head/cam set up. Thanks
Hello
Thanks for considering UMI Performance! Like mentioned above we do offer a wide variety of products. For being a daily driver I would suggest going with a poly/poly LCA. And even though your car is not lowered I would still recommend the LCARB it is still possible to have issues with wheel hop at the track. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 12-09-2009, 08:19 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

you shouldn't think of anything else until you have a GOOD set of shocks.

Quick Reply: Some suspension qeustions