Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Tire and Suspension Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 05:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire and Suspension Help

Just got a 93 Z28 and it has been lowered with Intrax springs about two inches. The front drivers side tire is wearing on the outside and the car pulls slightly left. Obviously it needs and alignment but I wanted to make sure it could be corrected without having to buy something else like an adjustable upper control arm or something like that?

My second question relates to the first and I will need to put tires on it soon. It has the 17" C5 wheels on it and I was wondering what size they were and/or what size tires I should be getting to put on it.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

I think you should be able to get it aligned, might want to look into an adjustable panhard bar to center the rear though if it doesn't already have one. my c5's had 245's on them, not sure how wide you can go though because they're only 8.5" wide (i think).
Old 12-13-2009, 05:40 AM
On The Tree

It's wierd because they are all 17s and that year C5 would have had 17s on the front and 18s out back so they must be four front wheels? I would swear the ones on the back are wider too. I have 225s on the front and they are being pulled out to fit on the wheels and I have 245s out back and they also look like they are too small for the wheels, although not as bad.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

yeah running 17's all around is pretty common, staggered setups don't look right on fbodies most of the time.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cumminsram06
Just got a 93 Z28 and it has been lowered with Intrax springs about two inches. The front drivers side tire is wearing on the outside and the car pulls slightly left. Obviously it needs and alignment but I wanted to make sure it could be corrected without having to buy something else like an adjustable upper control arm or something like that?

My second question relates to the first and I will need to put tires on it soon. It has the 17" C5 wheels on it and I was wondering what size they were and/or what size tires I should be getting to put on it.
It sounds like maybe just a toe problem. Take the car to a competent alignment shop and you should be all good.

Quick Reply: Tire and Suspension Help