Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension help needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 12:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension help needed

I've got a few questions I'm looking for answers for. I'm going to be going with a dana 60 in the near future. I plan to run a race suspension with this setup and want to get some of the smaller stuff now but only want to buy once and do it right the first time. With the dana 60 am I going to need a shorter drive shaft ? I'm also going to be running true duals (H pipe) dumped under the back seats, so I need to know what will work under the car and what I can get now and put the dana 60 in later. If I get LCA's and brackets now could I run into problems later ? Also the right torque arm to use is very confusing right now. Basically I'm just wondering what pieces I can get now to put on the car w/o having issues with added parts down the road.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
What I would suggest for your particular set up would be! I would go with a torque arm relocation cross member and a full length adjustable torque arm to allow you still fine tune the rear end pinion angle. What I take it you are going to have a custom exhaust made? If so below is a pic to show you where you are going to have to place the cross over so you do not have any issues. If you went with a LCA's and Relocation Brackets you will be just fine.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...caaeaoqun1f6n5

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 12-14-2009, 09:00 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHottG2
I've got a few questions I'm looking for answers for. I'm going to be going with a dana 60 in the near future. I plan to run a race suspension with this setup and want to get some of the smaller stuff now but only want to buy once and do it right the first time. With the dana 60 am I going to need a shorter drive shaft ? I'm also going to be running true duals (H pipe) dumped under the back seats, so I need to know what will work under the car and what I can get now and put the dana 60 in later. If I get LCA's and brackets now could I run into problems later ? Also the right torque arm to use is very confusing right now. Basically I'm just wondering what pieces I can get now to put on the car w/o having issues with added parts down the road.
Hello, we offer several different options that will work for you. The torque arm will present your biggest challenge. Depending on your power level and your plans for the car will help determine which torque arm would be best for you. As far as the lca brackets go you can get the bolt on brackets for your stock rear then use the same ones on the dana 60. Your lower control arms will work on either rear. If you have any qusetions please give me a call here at the office and we can go over which parts would be best for you.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:16 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

I'm surprised none of the experts asked what kind of racing your planning on doing. That would make a huge difference for recommendations
Old 12-14-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks guys I really appreciate it and will be in contact soon.
Originally Posted by pjb
I'm surprised none of the experts asked what kind of racing your planning on doing. That would make a huge difference for recommendations
It will be a straight line car with some street driving but not much and not a daily driver.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pjb

A Dana 60 is going to be a pretty good indicator of a drag race type application....

Quick Reply: Suspension help needed