Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Sway bar and ride height?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 07:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sway bar and ride height?

I redid the suspension with the new Eibachs Pro's and Bilsteins with KYB Mounts. I didn’t know that the car needs to be at ride height when the swaybar is attached however. I did one side at a time as I finished each front shock and then when I lowered the car noticed it’s 1” lower on the driver’s side (the side I did first) than the other. I thought it would “settle out” but apparently you have to have the suspension loaded when you tighten the swaybar. So I’m going to get a couple ramps to put the car on and do the end links again. Hope that fixes the problem.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jazz-LT1
I redid the suspension with the new Eibachs Pro's and Bilsteins with KYB Mounts. I didn’t know that the car needs to be at ride height when the swaybar is attached however. I did one side at a time as I finished each front shock and then when I lowered the car noticed it’s 1” lower on the driver’s side (the side I did first) than the other. I thought it would “settle out” but apparently you have to have the suspension loaded when you tighten the swaybar. So I’m going to get a couple ramps to put the car on and do the end links again. Hope that fixes the problem.
I would have to say I have never heard of a sway bar making one side higher then the other especially by an inch. I would look more towards the control arms if they where removed during the spring install.