Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Shock/Strut help

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shock/Strut help

Well i need front suspension bad as mine is 100k and wore out.I have looked around at replacing the front shock/strut and was curious what a good choice would be for a car that is daily driving with minor track visits.And what would be a good lower spring to add with it.

Also i was a little confused on what to actually purchase,I see ppl say we have shocks on the front ,but i have not really looked close but they looked like struts to me .And this is what led me to more confusion lol

For insistence
They list this shock for the front
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...roducts_id=587

But also list this for the front
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=2426

See how it made me a little confused,One is the typical shock and the other is more a Strut .So that is why i was wanting clarification
Old 12-14-2009, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

Well a lot of people are gonna say do a search because this has been discussed many times as far as what's the best shocks/springs to use.

But before they do that and to answer your questions, they are shocks in the front, not struts.

And the best setup? I just got Koni 4/4's all around and did the lower perch in front and heater hose mod in rear. Kept the stock springs since mine are fine and I didn't want to lower the car dramatically. With Koni's you can adjust them on the car so you can change them up however you want for street or track use.
The best lowering springs IMHO is Strano's springs. Everyone raves about them, how good they look, how well they handle, and the fact they that they ride pretty comfortable for a lowering spring. I wouldn't go with anything else.

Email Sam and he'll help you out. He helped me a great deal. Buy the stuff from him, its worth all the advice he'll give you..
Old 12-15-2009, 12:14 AM
12 Second Club

i looked at the koni but they are out of my range that i am willing to spend for just fronts.But i was looking into maybe some bilstein and sams springs