Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

fixin to lower my car advice please

Old 12-15-2009, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fixin to lower my car advice please

Hey yall im fixing to lower my car for the second time. I messed up the first time by putting eibach sportlines on my car i just bought them and installed them with no reasearch, it was a little too low and didnt increse handling that much. Whats a good spring kit with a perfect stance(not too low not too high) and also increases handling? Also i have lt's and ory if that matters.. thanks
Old 12-15-2009, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

hahah I remember that thread. if i could start over i'd go with stranos.

they're about the same height as the eibach prokit but have better, more balanced rates. my car is about that height and i have no problems with longtubes and boxed sfc's.

this'll help you get an idea of different springs' heights:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...r-springs.html
Old 12-16-2009, 02:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Strano lowering springs are the best.Call up strano performance and talk to him.Do it once and do it right.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:29 AM
On The Tree

Strano's are #1. Look at the orange Z in my sig and gallery for stance.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:44 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

and if you order right away you can probably get a set of the just arrived Stranos without the long wait. they'll be gone soon.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Like mentioned above Sam has the best spring to offer! I wanted to suggest to you that you will also need a adjustable pan hard bar when the vehicle is lowered due the rear shifting And lower control arm relocation brackets also allow you reposition your control arms back so they are parallel to the surface and gains back your traction loss that was lost when you lowered the vehicle (it just depends on what type of driving you are doing). Below is a link to show you what UMI Performance has to offer (Sam also carries our parts as well).

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...tob1ff5jqjsgv2

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 12-16-2009, 06:53 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

I have the UMI bolt-on relocation brackets and on-car adjustable PHB and would recommend both.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 828ls1formula
Hey yall im fixing to lower my car for the second time. I messed up the first time by putting eibach sportlines on my car i just bought them and installed them with no reasearch, it was a little too low and didnt increse handling that much. Whats a good spring kit with a perfect stance(not too low not too high) and also increases handling? Also i have lt's and ory if that matters.. thanks

Common story have seen it a thousand times...stance is killer but you pay the price in ride quality and performance. As you now know just throwing a set of springs on a car is not all that is involved with having a well balanced lowered vehicle.

We offer lowering packages as well as individual components so we can custom tailor to anyones personal needs.

If you have any questions regarding any of our products please feel free to ask

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fixin to lower my car advice please