Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Whats needed to run C5 rear rotors

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats needed to run C5 rear rotors

Hey fellas. I know that this is no real benefit from running a c5 rotor over an LS1 but I'm doing it anyways because I got 4 rotors and calipers for a great deal.

So does anyone have a write up on the parts needed to to use C5 rotors on the rear of an fbody?
I have an LT1 but I'm sure this doesnt matter because we need different backing plates anyways for both LT1 and LS1.

Any write ups or parts lists would be great. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZDriver96
Hey fellas. I know that this is no real benefit from running a c5 rotor over an LS1 but I'm doing it anyways because I got 4 rotors and calipers for a great deal.

So does anyone have a write up on the parts needed to to use C5 rotors on the rear of an fbody?
I have an LT1 but I'm sure this doesnt matter because we need different backing plates anyways for both LT1 and LS1.

Any write ups or parts lists would be great. Thanks for the help.
Im pretty sure when i did my (front and rear) C5 caliper modd on my 02 SS, i just installed the rear C5 caliper on the stock sized aftermarket camaro rotors in the rear, as the bigger C5 rotors on the rear of our cars isnt really needed and or wont fit ?or there allready the same size? I forget ,,,but know that the rear C5 calipers bolt right on with no problem. I think i had to do alittle grinding on those metal pad retaining clips though for them not to dig into my new rotors The WS6 store is where i got all my stuff and the directional rotors are freaking bad *** too for the money. I installed my rear C5 calipers for looks though on my ride as the rears really dont do much stopping anyways IMO
Old 01-11-2010, 06:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Diff axle off sets between the F-bod and vette disc so rotors won't work. The vette calipers will bolt on to your F-bod brackets The vette calipers are pressure cast and are a bit stiffer body for whats its worth
Old 01-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Teching In

thanks fellas.. yeah I bought some used C5 calipers/pads/rotors as a set . Fronts and rears.. So i have the rear C5 rotors as well. Guess I'll sell them and get some LS1 rotors unless I see a way to make them work.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not worth the time/effort on the rears, most of your braking is up front. They do work but I can't find the link that shows how to right now.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think when i installed my rear calipers on my 02 ,that i ordered the ceramics (C5 )vette rear pads from the WS6 store to install these C5 calipers and had to change those pad clips that fit into the caliper too for these to work and they dont come with the pads either ?I had to get them from Gm