Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

front suspension popping when extended

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front suspension popping when extended

My car was on a lift the other day and while it began to lift the car the front suspension started popping loud until the front wheels were fully extended. Car seems to ride fine.

It has no front sway bar, spohn k member, and qa1 shocks. I cant remember if it did if before the shocks/kmember install. Anyone experience this before?
Old 01-12-2010, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

bump nobody?
Old 01-13-2010, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey :

Its only your car nobody else ever has any problems!!!

Before I changed to an UMI front end (A Arms U/L, and K mem) my A Arm bushings were getting worn out and made all kind of noise when it went on a lift, pop and boing sounds from the front struts and A Arms sticking as the ball joints were worn as well. You might want to check all of them out. How many miles are on it?

Dub

When In Doubt Do Without
Old 01-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by noregretz999
My car was on a lift the other day and while it began to lift the car the front suspension started popping loud until the front wheels were fully extended. Car seems to ride fine.

It has no front sway bar, spohn k member, and qa1 shocks. I cant remember if it did if before the shocks/kmember install. Anyone experience this before?
As the op said, it sounds like the ball joints. Almost always when you hear that popping sound, it means you need new ones. If you can't remember when or if it made some sounds before the install, That's probably been many miles ago. So it probably needs to be done especially since you are running with no front sway bar and I'm sure likely drive in a somewhat "spirited" manner.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: front suspension popping when extended