Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Opinions about K-member?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions about K-member?????

What does everyone feel about the profab k-member's. They are cheaper than BMR but what about quality of the part! What do you all think? http://www.paracing.com/catalog/prod...6&reviews_id=2

I can get a used one for around $275 shipped
Old 01-09-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

What does everyone feel about the profab k-member's. They are cheaper than BMR but what about quality of the part! What do you all think? http://www.paracing.com/catalog/prod...6&reviews_id=2

I can get a used one for around $275 shipped

Forged 355 LT1,306 comp cam,ARP everything,port and polished heads & intake,Hooker super comp LT's through magnaflow x-pipe to dynomax bullets dumped,58mm BBK TB,EWP,LS1 lid conversion,3200 vig stall with rebuilt 4L60E,3:73 gears,BMR goodies,with plans of a 150 shot this spring,Nothing stock but the block

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont have any experience with one, but it looks like junk compaired to my UMI. With that said I havent heard any negitive stuff about them.

96 Formula WS6#555, LE2, Speedinc, 355, T56
LE2 H/C/I, Speedinc tuned, LPP, UMI, BMR, Dana S60, Street twin, blah blah blah.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of my rear suspension is BMR, that's what I'm leaning toward but wasn't sure about this particular style K-member. I mean I've never even heard of it.... Anyone every used or heard anything about Profab?

Forged 355 LT1,306 comp cam,ARP everything,port and polished heads & intake,Hooker super comp LT's through magnaflow x-pipe to dynomax bullets dumped,58mm BBK TB,EWP,LS1 lid conversion,3200 vig stall with rebuilt 4L60E,3:73 gears,BMR goodies,with plans of a 150 shot this spring,Nothing stock but the block

Looks...smallish compared to all the others. I wouldn't want my engine resting on something that small with any amount of power.

97 T/A LT1 all the bolt-ons, tune, ET Streets.
02 Hyundai Accent. What. We all need a daily...

Jesus loves drag racing.

Well I've been looking on this sight under the search option and have found that back a couple years ago, people where using or stating that the preferred these over BMR and UMI, then again some folks say that the customer service is shitty and that they would pay more for a product from a good customer service rep like BMR and UMI instead! Mixed feelings it seems! Apparently PA racing was a sponser on here and then they went out of business! Don't really know!

Interesting that PA Racing went out of business. I had them on my favorites list but I get a web error pulling up their website.

Update: I Googled PA Racing and their web site came up. So it looks like they are still in business.

PA is lighter, I wouldnt street drive one much, the BMR umi and spohn are all heavy.
My k-member is not much lighter than a stock one for the money I had paid for everything. I wish I would have gotten a racecraft set-up...but they were not around when I got my stuff.

Damn I just wish I could get my Camaro to pull the wheels off the ground like yours, lol! So the K-member's will take the abuse of pulling the wheels off the ground and slamming back down but they wont take the abuse of street use. Am i missing something????

My buddy has a pa racing one and it seems fine but he only really go drag racing. He pulls the wheels for about 30 feet and 4 ft high and comes down pretty good and no probs at all..so Idk bout anything else?

Damn see I get mixed feelings about this k-member although at the moment I cant afford a brand new BMR like I would like to get along with the tubular upper and lower A-arms. Them bastards are kind of pricey!

I still cant get the understanding why they would be good for only drag racing when people are pulling wheels off the ground and slamming back down vr driving on the street. Is it the vibration that may break a weld vr, going down a straight away or what

Old 01-09-2010, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I bought one of these PA raceing K members about 2 years ago for my APS build, but after receiveing it really thought it could have been built beefyer? and sold it to another member on here.I then bought a UMI which didnt fit with my APS kit to well and had other issues with it .After selling it,I finally bought a BMR and and am totally happy with it and the customer service that (Lee) from BMR has given to me.I always say ,,,You get what you pay for! (Most of the time anyways) lol
Old 01-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Teching In

I would stay away from pa even tho i havent seen there kmember but i bought a torque arm had nothing but problems due to incorrectly being made i gave up on trying to get it fixed by them .. i would go with a racecraft piece
Old 01-11-2010, 07:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I noticed that you are looking into getting a aftermarket K member. And I just wanted to leave you know that UMI Performance offers 2 versions we offer a road race version and a aftermarket replacement. And we are the only manufacture that offers the duel tube technology for extra strength. Below is a link to show you what all we have to offer.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...6obbrme7ksfi34

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad