Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Replacement Rotors and Pads?

Old 01-14-2010, 07:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Replacement Rotors and Pads?

Currently running Slotted Brembos and PBR pads all the way around. Should i stick with these or go with something else.

Main use for the car is daily driving with the occasional stopping from 150mph.

Searched the forums and cant find any brembo dealers.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:56 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
Currently running Slotted Brembos and PBR pads all the way around. Should i stick with these or go with something else.

Main use for the car is daily driving with the occasional stopping from 150mph.

Searched the forums and cant find any brembo dealers.
are you happy with it? if so, stay with it.
are you unhappy with it? if so, switch.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:46 AM
FormerVendor

If you're happy with the brembos stick with them. If you're interested in trying Power Stop rotors PM me Right now I have Power Stop slotted rotors for $119.99 shipped for all four corners, which is essentially getting the rears for free.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:06 PM
TECH Resident

I like them just couldnt find them and wanted to see if there was anything new out pad wise. Brake system was put on by the last owner not myself kinda why i asked
Old 01-14-2010, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

$120 for 4 LS1 rotors is a good price. for some reason LS1 fronts are ridiculously expensive. another benefit of C5 fronts.....

as for pads, go to tirerack and look up pads for your car. on that site alone are more pads then youll ever need. if you want to upgrade street performance, get HPS in the front. dont need anything else.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
$120 for 4 LS1 rotors is a good price. for some reason LS1 fronts are ridiculously expensive. another benefit of C5 fronts.....

as for pads, go to tirerack and look up pads for your car. on that site alone are more pads then youll ever need. if you want to upgrade street performance, get HPS in the front. dont need anything else.
Thank you, just want to be able to stop.

Turns out after talking to some friends about last night, sparks came out of my tire well..
Old 01-14-2010, 05:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
Thank you, just want to be able to stop.

Turns out after talking to some friends about last night, sparks came out of my tire well..
Nice, burn'n the steel belts haha. Looks cool anyway
Old 01-14-2010, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, tirerack sells brembo slotted rotors.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads are great in my opinion!
Old 01-15-2010, 12:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

http://stranoparts.com/partdetails.p...D=17&ModelID=7

That's 4 ATE rotors and 2 sets of HPS pads. If you look at my price vs. say TireRack--I've got 'em beat.

Cheaper then slotted Brembo's, and the rotors are coated. Also on sale, in fact the price will be going back up end of next week to the normal $499.

And the Brembo's ain't what they used to be in blank form, let alone when you slot them (which doesn't make the metallurgy any better).

I've also got rotors from other companies as well, if you fancy options. But if you want a great quality slotted rotor that isn't a piece of crap, and comes coated these are great. And I love HPS pads for street use.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-15-2010, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano

That's 4 ATE rotors and 2 sets of HPS pads. If you look at my price vs. say TireRack--I've got 'em beat.

Cheaper then slotted Brembo's, and the rotors are coated. Also on sale, in fact the price will be going back up end of next week to the normal $499.

And the Brembo's ain't what they used to be in blank form, let alone when you slot them (which doesn't make the metallurgy any better).

I've also got rotors from other companies as well, if you fancy options. But if you want a great quality slotted rotor that isn't a piece of crap, and comes coated these are great. And I love HPS pads for street use.
I have this combo on my car, just put on yesterday. They're bedded in, but I haven't really put them through the paces just yet. I also have stainless lines all around with the LG C5 front rotor conversion. This pad/rotor combo is very linear, progressive, and strong. I will report back as I know more but these look great, and the finish looks durable.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

A buddy of mine has the ATE rotor and Hawk pad set up that Strano sells and he is very happy with those as well.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:29 AM
TECH Resident

Just bought the power stop special and 4 Hps hawk street pads

pads were 130$ for all 4
Old 01-16-2010, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano

By 2 sets of pads do you mean enough pads for the front but not the back or do you mean enough pads all the way around...I may jump on this sooner then I thought I was going to if only to save me a buck...HELL of a deal....

PM Me, or write back here how I get the promo deal and if its enough for all 4 wheels or not...my fronts have to be done NOW pretty much and the rotors are making their own slots.....as we speak....LOL I could delay on pads for the rear a little longer if this just includes the front pads....

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm sure that set includes pads for front and rear. Now that I read that, it is a little confusing. I have heard that this set up holds up well. Need brakes myself, but saving for Koni's

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replacement Rotors and Pads?