Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SJM Abs Delete... HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 03:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SJM Abs Delete... HELP!!!!!

Im putting in my sjm abs delete kit... everything was going great until it came time to flare the factory lines.... how in the hell do I get them to flare? I have tried everything and the line still slips out of the tool.. Any suggestions would be great!!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Launching!

Is it our tool or your own? Once it slips through, you've essentially drawn the metal to a smaller diameter. It will be more difficult to flare at that point. It is still workable, but will be more difficult. If you can cut the small piece off that is shrunk, you can start over. Be careful if you're leaving the braided line on the setup...you only have so much hardline to work with before you cannot get the flaring bar on anymore.

Shoot me an e-mail, or give me a call, I'd be happy to help you further.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SJMMFGINC
Is it our tool or your own? Once it slips through, you've essentially drawn the metal to a smaller diameter. It will be more difficult to flare at that point. It is still workable, but will be more difficult. If you can cut the small piece off that is shrunk, you can start over. Be careful if you're leaving the braided line on the setup...you only have so much hardline to work with before you cannot get the flaring bar on anymore.

Shoot me an e-mail, or give me a call, I'd be happy to help you further.

Yes it is one of your tools... I tried it again on another line and same thing... im even tightening down the wing nuts with a set of pliers and it is still slipping....
Old 01-16-2010, 04:51 PM
TECH Regular

Well after breaking the die and the wing nut on the tool went and got the double flare brake tool that autozone rents out... worked like a champ... Did not slip once... !!!!!