Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Ladder bar or 3 Link

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ladder bar or 3 Link

I am going to be doing an axle upgrade. Gonna be either an 8.8 or a 9 inch Ford. I've seen people get great results with ladder bar suspension and the factory style (3 Link?). Which is better for a DD/Weekend Drag Racer? Thanks!
Old 01-17-2010, 05:19 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

my 9 inch rearend with the torque arm included with it works awesome for any track or street car. all bolt-in, no mods required. use a good set of lca's and phb in their factory locations, and put a good set of shocks on the car like AFCO or Strange adjustables. this combo will hook any day of the week and perform flawlessly on the street or strip.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I was thinking of fabbin up a torque arm mount and staying with the stock style suspension.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I would suggest for a Daily Driver and Weekend Warrior to just say with a factory 3 link set up. Get a rear that is made for a F Body and you shouldn't have any issues as far as bolting it right in. And seeing how we and other manufactures offer so many adjustable components such as torque arms and LCA's you are getting the same outcome but easier on your wallet...lol. Below is a link to show you what I am explaining.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...kq8iu4cbbobqk2

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...kq8iu4cbbobqk2

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: Ladder bar or 3 Link