Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

85 iroc-z camaro suspension?

Old 02-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 85 iroc-z camaro suspension?

i have an 85 camaro with a carb 350 pushing about 400 hp to the wheels and i wanna do suspension i want to road race it and drag it but i wanna dailey drive it too i was gonna go with a full spohn setup like coil overs sub frame connectors was wondering if there was anything else i should do
Old 02-11-2010, 11:44 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
First ...Welcome to LS1 Tech. Second I just wanted to throw this out there for you that UMI Performance also offers a wide variety of suspension parts that may meet your needs. Below is a link to show you what all we have to offer! The only problem is there is two different types of racing and two different suspension set ups. Road Race guys lower the vehicle and go with full length adjustable torque arms. And Drag Racing guys go with Coil Overs to help with weight transfer and shorter torque arms.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...tmr1mfgsjjgng1

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 02-11-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

you're going to have to make sacrifices. a great road racing setup will not be great for drag. a great drag set up will not even be close to good for road racing. also, while there are some nicely balanced streetable setups out there, a REAL road race/drag setup will not be very street friendly. don't get me wrong, you can get these cars to ride well, hook, and handle great, but getting all 3 at the same time is very difficult.

i don't know enough about 3rd gen suspension to recommend anything, but you may want to think about what you really want to car to do before you start ordering parts
Old 02-11-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Junkie

a good step in the right direction is GOOD adjustable shocks. Koni would be my choice.

you can soften them for drag and stiffen them for street/road race.

beyond that anything to replace stock parts with stiffer and adjustable parts will help:
LCA
panhard
torque arm
torque arm mount

sub frames would keep the car straight and probably help both drag and def road race. although you may pay for the added weight at the strip.

might be better off just going for a roll cage to add safety and stiffness at one time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 85 iroc-z camaro suspension?