Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wilwood brakes... locked up. help

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wilwood brakes... locked up. help

I helped my friend install some wilwood brakes on his car... the brakes seem soft when you press them even after bleeding them a ton...

we noticed the car doesnt seem to roll too well but we took it out for a test drive anyhow... hed press the brakes and wed slow down, he took his foot off, putit back on again to pump em and we heard a bang noise and the car would slowdown real hard.. one time one of the tires just LOCKED up.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by brianfromhawaii
I helped my friend install some wilwood brakes on his car... the brakes seem soft when you press them even after bleeding them a ton...

we noticed the car doesnt seem to roll too well but we took it out for a test drive anyhow... hed press the brakes and wed slow down, he took his foot off, putit back on again to pump em and we heard a bang noise and the car would slowdown real hard.. one time one of the tires just LOCKED up.
Something is obviously not right...get it back on the rack and look for obvious signs of interference or binding before doing any more road testing. And please provide more detail on the kit he installed.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:07 PM
11 Second Club

140-7763 was the kit...
Old 02-18-2010, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

anyone else?
Old 02-19-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sell and buy some Brembo GTs

I installed them on my car last week and they work like a charm. Can put my passenger through the windshield if they don't have their seat-belt on.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm with Adam though, get it up in the air and look over everything closely to see where the friction is coming from. possibly installed the brackets wrong?

I don't know about the wilwoods but on my kit the pedal firmed up quite a bit. I would also suggest bleeding 'em a second time after you put a few break-in miles on the setup. Air can get trapped in the calipers and work its way out after being used the first few times.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ive been is the same situation once, it turned out to be the black cover under the steering wheels pressing on the brake pedal.

Quick Reply: Wilwood brakes... locked up. help