Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LS1 Master Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Master Cylinder

On a LS1 Camaro master cylinder which line goes to the rear brakes?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Found it, the front line goes to the rear brakes.

Now another question. I'm plumbing in a line lock and I'm thinking of putting the line lock to the rear brakes and "locking out" the rear brakes when the switch is on, this way I can control the front brakes with the brake pedal. Will this work? Or will locking out the rear brakes cause the master cylinder to hydraulic lock due to no pressure being able to go to the rear brakes?
Has anyone ran a line lock this way?
Old 02-27-2010, 07:12 AM
11 Second Club

My son has ran his 2000 chevy pu like that for last 8 years with no problems, lock off pressure to back pettle the front and burn rubber for blocks as long as you like , only problem just rember to open lock up after you get up to speed as you would only have front brakes, and could get hairy stoping at high speed with only front brakes
below is info as to install line lock without having to bleed braks from under car.

I uesd for 10 years, still works great,when applied my front tires have never moved

LINE LOCK INFO

IS hole behind pcm , but I drill hole beside steering colum also ( drill from inside out ) put a peace of rubber hose in hole ran wire inside hose, then use same type wire wrap as GM,tie wrap to the big rubber hose comming over master cyl
I also mounted switch in ash tray
I have used this unit for 4-6 years with NO problems ( well yes one problem :::SLICK tires )

PS ::Connect brake line to master cyl and line lock ,the second line which goes to ABS block start it but leave it loose,remove cap from master cyl and let the lines grivity bleed watch the loose connection untill all air is out and run pure fluid ( may shake the line a little to help bleed ( REMEMBER BRAKE FLUID WILL REMOVE PAINT
I placed plastic sheet over fender)if does not gravity bleed blow into master cyl and have some one watch for fluid at ABS block >>>THIS way you do not have to bleed the brakes from under car- I had no problem of any kind
also the picture from SLP is UPSIDE DOWN install with the wire connection UP
Sorry for the long post, hope it helps
good luck, Johnny