Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Motive power bleeder problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Motive power bleeder problem

I just bought a Motive power bleeder and it won`t pressurise the master cylinder. The master cylinder is full, the power bleeder has brake fluid in it, I pump it up to about 20psi and it holds pressure on the gauge(no leaks). When I crack the bleeder valve on the rear wheel, I get nothing. Nothing leaks, it holds pressure but it appears that the master cylinder is not getting pressure to it

I bled the brakes the old way and had no problems, but I would like to get this thing working or its going in the trash. I have a big lack of patience with stufflike this. Thanks for any help!
Old 03-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

I don't think you want to exceed 10 psi on the motive bleeder, I think the directions mention that. Are you sure you're getting pressure to the master cylinder reservoir? It sounds like you may have an obstruction that is allowing the tank to pressurize but not the brake system. Go back and check everything.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

Also, did you see the brake fluid moving in the motive clear hose? In other words, did the fluid make it into the master cylinder reservoir?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They say not to exceed 20psi on the bleeder; I fixed it. I have the Earls solo bleeders and I had to loosen them more than what I thought to get the fluid moving. Usually you just have to crack open the bleeder screw but I had to turn them open a little more. The cussing has stopped and everything is going smoothly again. Thanks for the reply`s and help.

Mike G

Quick Reply: Motive power bleeder problem