Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension opinions

im looking to do the supsension in my car soon and my setup i wanted originally was the kyb adjustable struts and strano springs but the strano's are on back order so i was wondering peoples opinions on springs or both thanks.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

What are you looking to change about the car? What do you plan on doing with the car? (street fun, drag racing, auto-x, road race etc)
Old 03-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Teching In

im looking to drag race mostly but also do some road racing so i want the car to be more versitle and have a more agressive stance then stock
Old 03-14-2010, 03:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

agx is really stiff. a friend with agx and vogtland springs in his camaro took me for a drive through some nice roads. they seem to handle good, but i might as well have been sitting in an aluminum race chair while driving a go-kart through a bed of rocks. i could go on about this. i wanted those shocks, but they were way too harsh.

really, you need to get yourself some konis if you want your car to handle and/or ride nice. especially so if you're going to lower the car. i had some bilsteins on for a few years and just switched to konis (installed today) and i am seriously impressed. i'll write up a review of them as soon as i can think of anything other than cheerful expletives.

Last edited by BobDoLe; 03-14-2010 at 04:59 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Teching In

haha thanks ya the agx's are very stiff so i was also considering the bilsteins thanks for the input and i wish the konis werent so damn expensive then id buy them