Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Change of plans, need to handle

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 10:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Change of plans, need to handle

My car was original going to be set up for all drag, but the plans were changed to have the car to a street car. Going to throw some CCWs on it also
I would like this car to handle like it was made for the track (not drag track).
From K-member to sway bars to shocks. The hole deal.
Who has done this? Whats your build? Any ideas would be awesome! I may took into something from LG.

KMMG
Old 03-14-2010, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get in touch with Sam Strano on here, he's very knowledgeable on suspensions and can probably tailor a parts list that'll meet exactly what you want!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Regular

Strano sway bars, konis front and rear, strano springs, fays watts link, umi torque bar. Done. . Mebbe sfc and strut tower brace.

Above won Sam many championships
Old 03-14-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yup Strano is the man to go to for this:
http://www.stranoparts.com/
Article on him:
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...aro/index.html
Won multiple national champions with his car (don't know any other vendors that have) and designed his setup around his experience.
You wont believe you are driving the same car...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weWQHijkSU8
Old 03-14-2010, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

koni shocks and 35/21 or 35/22 swaybars are an absolute must. those will make the biggest differences. then a good set of springs, rod/rod lca's, rod/rod phb (or watts link), and if you just want to be a showoff, get an unbalanced engineering decoupled torque arm.

glad to see another member realizing that turning is more fun than driving straight
Old 03-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Trunion King

These cars are more fun to drive carving corners and curves than going straight. I've done both.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
If you are looking for better handling. Like everyone above mentions a good set of springs and shocks are a great start. And then I would suggest a set of LCA's and Adjustable Pan Hard Bar (to allow you to keep the rear end centered). And a full length adjustable torque arm to allow to set the pinion angle. And a set of front and rear sway bars. And to help with weight transfer I would also suggest a set of SFC's. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer for your specific needs.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...=index&cPath=7

If you have any other questions feel free to ask! I will be more than glad to help
Thanks
Brad
Old 03-15-2010, 09:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Thank you UMI i will be ordering your K-member road race set up with the rest of the front end set up, same for the back except for the fays watts link. But seems like their might be a problem with the exhaust clearing.
Going to call Sam about shocks/springs.

Want this boat to handle like an F1 car - RICE lol! No just alot better, something that i would not think twice about when taking a corner. Might be fun to take to Lime Rock.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you want the LCA's to not pound you with every bump, the roto-joints would be a good choice for the joints in them... forget rod ends.. you're not driving an SCCA race car, it doesn't need to rattle your teeth out like one.

a full-length torque arm is a must.

BRAKES. You've got a ****-ton of power there, and since you haven't bought wheels yet, Make sure they're 18's and will clear the CTS-V/C6 Z06 rotor combo.

After you get done with the spring/shocks/sway bar combo from Strano, listen to him - you might not end up buying the front LCA's and k-member and all that unless you just want the bling. (The k-member does make it easier to get to things under there though)