Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

bad steering issues please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 03:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad steering issues please help

my car was recently in a wreck and got hit on the driver side front wheel. i replaced my whole front end with all tubular stuff up front i did not touch the steering.

i got the car alignment done at a good shop and they were able to get on.

the steering is just all over the place and i can turn the wheel a far and the car will barley turn at all. when i park the car sometimes the two front wheels look like they have a good alignment and other times it looks way off.

any info would be great i need to fix this bad.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:49 AM
TECH Addict

did you make sure everything is still tight. sounds like something is way off.. what about your steering rack? nothing else was bent?
Old 03-21-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by meine96ws6
did you make sure everything is still tight. sounds like something is way off.. what about your steering rack? nothing else was bent?

everything is brand new on the front k member, arms upper and lower spindles, wheel hubs, only thing i never touched is the steering rack and tie rods they look fine but that doesent mean anything.

maybe its the steering rack that is what i was coming to while thinking about it. its prob messed up but i dont know how to be sure.

when i was hit my wheel was turned to the left really far and the tie rod was still connected to the spindle so maybe it jerked the **** out of the rack and pinon steering rack