Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Are there gaps in my suspension setup?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Are there gaps in my suspension setup?

Okay, so when i got my car i was happy with the few suspension mods it had, springs, sfcs, boxed lcas and a torque arm. The torque arm took a dump so i got a chromoly one, and ive also gotten a stb and new shocks (to go with the 2" drop). This leaves me wondering if im missing out on some of the potential of the parts ive invested in because im still running other stock parts. Some basic upgrades like phb, sway bars, etc.

One thing i need to do is double check to see if the lcas have relocation brackets, but whats your guys input? its my fun car, and i dont race it, but i drive it enough to notice the small things
Old 03-28-2010, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

If you're lowered that much you should be an adj phb. Sway bard will really help the handling but after that you get into the more expensive stuff like upper and lower a-arms and k-member
Old 03-28-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Other than reducing unsprung weight and added adjustability what other advantages do upper and lower a-arms give?
Old 03-28-2010, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Black02SLPSS
Other than reducing unsprung weight and added adjustability what other advantages do upper and lower a-arms give?
If you get the nonadj its really just weight and their stronger then stock. The adj are nice because you can really dial in your caster and camber to suit what you use the car for
Old 03-28-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just double checked, the phb is adjustable (and looks like chromemoly too.. or just really thick). no reloc brackets though (as far as i can tell).

I had actually been considering a new k member, partially cause my QTPs rattle and its annoying.

If i wanted to double check what these sway bars are, just take a micrometer to them?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

would there be any driving characteristics that would come up because of the non relocated lcas? stuff to look for?

For one im wondering if thats why my old random tech torque arm broke a few months back, but the car also isnt very sure footed in the turns; after reading a bit it sounds like a watts link would help, but id rather do the sways before that (esp since i have a phb already). Also, how beneficial are adjustable sway bars?

after looking around it seems like this stuff could just over complicate things (like having 21 way adjustable coil overs, theres more ways to mess up than improve handling). How do you manage dialing everything in and whatnots?