Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need all new suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need all new suspension

I'm a complete noob when it comes to suspension. I am going to replace the suspension on my dad's camaro 95 z28. I could care less about sporty handling or lowering, I just want it to be an enjoyable ride. Right now it rides like there is no suspension. Literally bottom out on everything, and everytime I hit a bump it sounds like something is going to bust up into the rear through the wheel well. can you guys tell me what exactly to buy. Looking to do both front and rear.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:22 AM
Launching!

Depends on your cash flow. If you're like me (don't have too much to play with), i'd suggest the Bilstein's all around for shocks and if you replace your springs, go with stock springs. Some of the guys on here can tell you more about the difference in pricing, but I can tell you first hand, when I had that problem, the Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs made my car feel like a different animal.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:08 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

as mentioned, start with good shocks. you may not need anything else.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been running Bilstein HD's on stock springs for about 5 years now, the car absorbs bumps great. Also see if the bump stops are even still there, they tend to just fall apart over the years, there are three fbodies sitting in the driveway outside, only one of them has bump stops, and that is due to me replacing the ones that were ready to fall off. The other two cars there is just some rubber stubble.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FeedMeMustangs
I'm a complete noob when it comes to suspension. I am going to replace the suspension on my dad's camaro 95 z28. I could care less about sporty handling or lowering, I just want it to be an enjoyable ride. Right now it rides like there is no suspension. Literally bottom out on everything, and everytime I hit a bump it sounds like something is going to bust up into the rear through the wheel well. can you guys tell me what exactly to buy. Looking to do both front and rear.
It sounds like your dad may already have lowering springs or something on the car if its that bad. Take a look under the car and tell us what color the springs and shocks are.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:53 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. Is 677.30 $ a good deal for Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs combo? I found the package from dagostino racing. Or do our vendors carry a better package deal?
Old 03-30-2010, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

i think sam has a good sale going on for bilsteins and with his springs you would be at about the same price maybe a tad more... his springs are way better than eibachs... if you don't care about lowering or handling, just get the shocks and reuse the stock springs
Old 03-30-2010, 11:51 PM

No, I don't want theese springs anymore. I want new everything.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:35 PM
TECH Regular

well you stated a price for bilsteins and eibachs and i suggested getting sams springs because they are alot better than eibachs and with the bilsteins he has on sale it will come out to about what you would be spending for the other setup... there are plenty of people on here that will vouch for strano springs being better than eibachs but it's your car, do what you please
Old 04-01-2010, 01:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't care about sporty handling or lowering then don't buy Bilstein/eibach. Buy some stock shocks to start with and stock springs. **** I have a set off my SS that I just took off laying around I would let the rear springs and shocks/ front shocks go for dirt cheap
Old 04-01-2010, 07:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I just wanted to throw this out there for you as another suggestion. When you lower a vehicle with any type of lowering spring. You are going to need to a adjustable pan hard bar to allow you to recenter the rear end back under the vehicle due to it shifting. Below is a link to show you what all styles UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...2t21sdf25l8h60

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 04-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Launching!

Umi, I ordered that rear sway bar we talked about day before yesterday. I also ordered your torque arm and relocation bracket, which works wonderfully. Thank yall for being in business!! I'll let you know how much of a difference the rear sway bar makes.

Quick Reply: need all new suspension