Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Springs & Koni 4/4 Or bad idea?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strano Springs & Koni 4/4 Or bad idea?

There are alot of thread about Sams springs and the 4/4 setup, I just haven't ran across any with the questions I'm curious about so here it goes.

I recently bought a forged 408 and will be butting a turbo on it, shooting for 700rwhp. My questions is would you still recommend Strano Springs and the Koni 4/4's? I would imagine I'm gonna have to run some prostar or something similar at some point in time to hook on the track. With that being said, I do not intend to make this car a drag car. It may see 5-10 runs a year and those will be casual.

Currently have SFC's Torque Arm, Lower PHB. All recommendations are appreciated.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's not a drag car then you don't need a drag setup. By the sounds of it you have a lot of money into the car. You can always have 2 sets of shocks/springs and swap out the entire assembly which won't take much time at all before track days. Shouldn't be too much of a hassle if you only go once or twice. Or you can launch softer if you don't care about every 1/10 at the drag strip.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:57 AM
12 Second Club

you dont have to run his springs-you can run the stockers and get very good results. My 60' didnt change from QA1s over to SA Konis. My ride on the highway is a lot more enjoyable now. I dont hate the road as much. You will spend a little more on Konis. but it is very well worth it. And Mr. Strano has an untold amount of miles on these shocks. If you build a high performance engine-why not have a high performance suspension to go along with it? Now his springs are very good. Just saw that you may run prostars and that amount of drop may be too low for pizza cutters. If they are just for track days the yes his springs give a nice drop and handle very well. The 4/4 are very easy to adjust. So pick a setting and go either up or down from there.

Last edited by tillery; 04-02-2010 at 01:04 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:18 AM
TECH Regular

give sam call and discuss with him what you are looking for from your suspension. he's very easy to tal kto and knows the right questions to ask you so you're happy in the end!

tony
Old 04-02-2010, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Sweet thx for the help. I don't mind spending the money on the suspension so that will be the route I most likely take.
As for the prostars, I wasnt saying I will be running them, was just an example.

Thanks again.