Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 05:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension

I am going to be changing my shocks and adding sub frame connectors, is there anything else that is a must to do while doing this? I would like to keep the price in the area i am at now, not looking to make it a race car.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Now would also be the time to add springs, (whether it's lowering springs, drag springs (QA1's), etc. etc) since you're already doing the labor by replacing the shocks.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
If you are looking along the lines for better handling. Like mentioned above I would highly suggest looking into a set of lowering springs to go with the new shocks. But when you lower a vehicle I would highly suggest looking into a adjustable pan hard bar to allow you recenter the rear end back up under the vehicle due to it shifting when the lowering springs are installed. Below is a link to show you what UMI Performance has to offer.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...95iuf8s9tm13s3

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...95iuf8s9tm13s3

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 04-20-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by noolah
I am going to be changing my shocks and adding sub frame connectors, is there anything else that is a must to do while doing this? I would like to keep the price in the area i am at now, not looking to make it a race car.
I Would also recommend possibly looking at a set of lowering springs and adjustable panhard rod.

Additional information regarding the lowering springs and panhard rod can be found HERE

Here area couple of images of cars running our lowering springs to give you an idea of the stance....
Attached Thumbnails Suspension-img_4157.jpg   Suspension-ws6_sp001.jpg  
Old 04-20-2010, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by noolah
Well....this is really vague. What kind of price are you looking at now? What kind of shocks? What do you do with the car (it's not a race car, but do you like handling, street, straight line, etc.)?

As mentioned, if you're replacing shocks and want to do springs, now's the time, as you need to take the front shocks off to get at the springs. Otherwise, there's nothing that's really a "must do". Just things that are a "can do"