Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Control Arm Relocation Brackets, What setting?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control Arm Relocation Brackets, What setting?

Hey guys, Im putting in new shocks on the car, I have weld on relocation brackets on the rearend. Which bolt hole do you guys use for the control arm, the lower one or the top one? Its currently set at the top one and the rear is lowered an INCH. Should I leave it on the top one or move it to the lower?
Old 04-06-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it depends mostly on how low your car sits, and then you adjust it to be either level or slightly lower on the rear, depending on your tastes.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

THanks for reply man, for anyone else interested in this, I found a good post from UMI after searching.

:"Hello,
What we have experienced when installing the lower control arm relocation brackets is you get the best results traction wise using the lowest hole. You say this set-up is on a mid 10 second car? What all modifications do you have done to the suspension? Leave me know.
Thanks Again,"

Think ill go with the lower setting, worth a shot right? hah
Old 04-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

Well my Spohn relocation brackets were set in the upper hole at first, but in the lower hole the wheel hop disappear in bad pavement roads.

Someone will tell us the right use for each hole or setting.

I'm pleased with my LCA's in the lower setting

dochidalgo
Old 04-07-2010, 07:27 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 96blackz28
Hey guys, Im putting in new shocks on the car, I have weld on relocation brackets on the rearend. Which bolt hole do you guys use for the control arm, the lower one or the top one? Its currently set at the top one and the rear is lowered an INCH. Should I leave it on the top one or move it to the lower?
Hello
We have experienced using the lowest setting in the relocation brackets you get the best performance outcome traction wise for straight line performance. You might experience a little over-steer as well. But in the end you will have to see what setting works for your combination. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 04-07-2010, 04:28 PM
11 Second Club

I've got my LCA's on the bottom hole. Recently changed the stock rear out for a Strange 12 Bolt. Now I can launch without getting worried. Only problem now the rear end seems to rise excessively. I didn't notice much on the stock rear because I couldn't launch over 2500 rpm. Should I change them to the top hole and start from there? My car launches fine, then the front comes down way too fast! From what I've been learning it's got too much Anti-Squat %, (correct)?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:39 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
I would suggest if you are satisfied with the way your car is. You will be fine leaving it right were it's at. There is no anti squatting problem its just the weight of the vehicle transferring to the rear wheels. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: Control Arm Relocation Brackets, What setting?