Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano's or BMR Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Strano's or BMR Springs

Getting ready to do a bunch of suspension work to my 02 WS6 and I'm up in the air between the Strano springs or the BMR's. Any thoughts or opinions? I will be running the Bilstein shocks...unless there is a better combo. Not spending the $$$ on Konis The car will only be driven a few months out of the year and be used as a around town driver.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Getting ready to do a bunch of suspension work to my 02 WS6 and I'm up in the air between the Strano springs or the BMR's. Any thoughts or opinions? I will be running the Bilstein shocks...unless there is a better combo. Not spending the $$$ on Konis The car will only be driven a few months out of the year and be used as a around town driver.
i just put on my set of BMR and the stance is killer!! I think the BMR springs look more aggressive than strano IMO. Once it clears up, ill post pics. my ride looks so sick being lowered finally with 18" C5 Z06 rims.. im also running KYB gas shocks.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put BMR springs on my SS last fall, I like them. They replaced some Eibach's, which bottomed out far too often, very squishy.

The BMR's are the same height (~1" lower than stock) but stiffer and better rebound. Using them w/KYB's

was surprised BMR called a few days after I received them to ask "did you receive them?" those little ***-kissers

*PS* this is for the rears btw... the fronts are still lower Eibach's + deCarbon's
Old 04-08-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Addict

I recommend Strano's because he came out with them first. Then BMR "redesigned" their springs to be 98% identical to his. I think that's low.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
I recommend Strano's because he came out with them first. Then BMR "redesigned" their springs to be 98% identical to his. I think that's low.

...LOL!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Regular

Ive herd nothing but good things about strano's
Old 04-08-2010, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
...LOL!!!
well....considering they have equal front rates and BMR's are almost identical on the rear (150 vs 160 I think), provide the same drop, and came out after Strano had a lot of success with his, it's a pretty good case for Sam.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6r
well....considering they have equal front rates and BMR's are almost identical on the rear (150 vs 160 I think), provide the same drop, and came out after Strano had a lot of success with his, it's a pretty good case for Sam.

you guys know the reason that BMR redesigned there lowering spring was because there customers wanted a more aggressive lowering spring than the original 1" they offererd...if they wanted to copy sam, they would have came out with the new design spring in the first place instead of a 1" spring..Hmmmm!! BMR is one of the largest suspension companies out there if not the largest. They have there own products ranging from our fbodies, to stangs and hell even on the new camaros. So to think that 1 of the largest suspension companies is copying another persons is B.S... thats like saying, pacesetter, hookers, and all the other brand headers all copy each other because they all look the same..LOL.

this thread is just gonna start a pissing match.. loyal strano users will back strano, and loyal bmr guys will back BMR.. this thread will be locked.

FWIW, i run the new design BMR springs because i wanted a good quality lowering spring and got a helluva deal brand new. My car is just a fun car to cruise around and i cared about how my looks appearance wise and visually than for handling, racing.. my car will never see the track, i dont care bout trying to handle like its on rails. Hell i think the Eibach pro-kit has the best looking stance out of all the springs out there when you look at tech members cars on this site.

by the way, im using some used KYB shocks for the rears with stock struts and not the expensive **** that everybody raves about.. i aint got 800 bucks to blow on shocks, and definitely didnt have 400 bucks for some new ones. so i lucked out big time, and i have no problems at all and my ride is not bouncy, or anything. I will post pics up for sure when weather clears.

Last edited by TXZ28LS1; 04-08-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:16 AM
TECH Resident

I will say Strano to the grave.

I have Strano's bars 35/22, springs and Koni's and it's literally like driving sex on wheels.

On a serious note- The strano springs (and all of his stuff) is incredible, you will not be dissappointed.

He also is very good to deal with and provides the best customer service I have ever seen in the performance market. That right there is a big reason why he got my business.

He also ships very fast. Got my Koni's the next day, bars 3 days later.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly? Whichever one is cheaper.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:35 AM
Banned

Only problem is, every time I try and buy the Strano's he is out of stock. If that's going to be the case then BMR will get my $$$. Sounds like both are great springs. I considered running the KYB AGK Shocks...any thoughts about those verses the Bilsteins? I want a nice comfortable ride. Along with the springs and shocks I am putting on UMI 3-point SFC's, Panhard, torque arm w/ relocate bracket, rear LCA's and a strut tower bar.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only problem is, every time I try and buy the Strano's he is out of stock. If that's going to be the case then BMR will get my $$$. Sounds like both are great springs. I considered running the KYB AGK Shocks...any thoughts about those verses the Bilsteins? I want a nice comfortable ride. Along with the springs and shocks I am putting on UMI 3-point SFC's, Panhard, torque arm w/ relocate bracket, rear LCA's and a strut tower bar.
His website says they are on backorder til' the end of March. Maybe he has them in now? Give him a call or send him a PM before anything.

If you want a "nice comfortable ride", I would not put on the SFC's. It may ride rougher since it stiffens up the car. I would also forget about installing a strut tower bar.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
This is the best thing I've heard yet. They are very similar except the rear rate. strano 150 and bmr 160 BMR is a little cheaper so that's what I went with and they are now in stock. They are great to me along with the SLP Bilstein Shocks. Haven't been in a car with koni's so don't know and don't care.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

His website says they are on backorder til' the end of March. Maybe he has them in now? Give him a call or send him a PM before anything.

If you want a "nice comfortable ride", I would not put on the SFC's. It may ride rougher since it stiffens up the car. I would also forget about installing a strut tower bar.

Really? alot of guys swear by running SFC in their cars!!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:12 AM
Teching In

... I considered running the KYB AGK Shocks...any thoughts about those verses the Bilsteins? I want a nice comfortable ride. Along with the springs and shocks...
i've got the KYB AGK's in rear, of the 8 damping settings, i've had it on the 2nd softest all winter & has been very smooth.

Of course that's with softer winter tires too.. once I change those in the next few weeks to hard-riding summer tires it will be a vast difference.
And changing it from #2 'soft' to #7 or 8 'hard' should make a difference

looking forward to see how it impacts drag launches, & rear stability for hi-speed turns
Old 04-09-2010, 05:47 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

I have had 1LE springs, DMS springs, and Strano springs. The Stranos are the best of the 3. 1LE had a good ride, but were too high. DMS have a killer stance, but were kind of stiff. Stranos have a great height (not as low as DMS but very nice) along with a good ride and great handling. My Konis are awesome but they are not one of your choices. I have not had the BMRs but a lot of people like them. As you say, BMR is a big company. I find it worthwhile to support the little guy who puts so much into helping all of us out, and happens to have some of the best products available. Others choose to save a buck and go to the mega shops. Your choice.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:36 AM
Launching!

Stranos
Old 04-09-2010, 06:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had BMR's springs, then went to Strano's (have his sway bars and Koni 4/4's) Thought the front springs were great but the rears were too soft, didn't match up with the Koni's compression rates very well, went back to the BMR's and have stayed there
Old 04-09-2010, 07:27 AM
12 Second Club

When I ordered mine, Strano called me to let me know that they would arrive to him the 1st or 2nd week of April.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha. I'll do you one better, as I have the Eibach prokit springs...

Quick Reply: Strano's or BMR Springs