Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What do i need?

Hello i am working on doing my suspension now. Im not looking for the best i need just the basic. Its mainly a street car but i go to the track every so often. I was thinking lower control arms, subframe connectors, shocks? Anything else i would need? I dont really want to lower the car because of clearance issues around me but what are the main important parts i would need. I have about 420rwhp and am looking for a 100 shot. Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Launching!

Also how are the lakewod adjustable lca's?
Old 04-13-2010, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shocks definitely for a street car....other than that, the LCA's will help, SFC's would probably be a good idea if you're taking it to the strip, but might not be necessary (try out new shocks and see if you think you still need them).

Otherwise, a torque arm (full length), relocation bracket (keep the stress off of the transmission), a panhard rod, and sway bars will make the car handle and drive better/more solid on the street and will help you at the strip too. You even have the option of getting an adjustable rear sway bar and disconnecting the front bar when you're at the strip to help a little more.

But yeah, overall, shocks, sways, LCA's, PHB, TA....SFC's optional to me, but they will help your weight transfer and can't hurt, just might make your car run a little firmer on the street.

And I don't know much about lakewood, but UMI and BMR are on here and come highly recommmended by many.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm assuming straight line traction will be what you want with a pretty good ride quality? There's a few different things that improve straight line traction like LCA relocation brackets, stickier tires, tq arm, LCAs. I like SFC's for the jackpoints alone. Not sure if you'll prevent any significant body twisting or not with them... shocks can help. Though shock choice can differ greatly given driving application, budget, and ride quality preference.

In my opinion, I would probably give a good set of Bilstiens a shot given your explaination above. Although.. if you think you might lower the car or gear it more toward more serious drag racing in the future, I'd consider a different set.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Launching!

Yea I want the sfc so my frame doesn't twist. I already have nitto drag radials I just want a decent suspension to put my power down. I'm not looking for the best here or to spend tons of money just what I need and I'm not sure about lowering the car because my exhaust already scrapes I have the tsp true duals and long tube headers.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah you prob don't need to lower it. Despite that.. relo brackets can still help you with traction if put in the lowest hole.

I got Kooks lts, with catted Y, and lowered with Stranos.. I only scrape going over the exaggerated humps at the local speedway or if I take a speed bump too quick. In all other cases I don't have that issue. Never bottom out on normal driving.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Yea I really feel that lowering it wouldn't even do that much for me.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:47 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Like mentioned above seeing how you are only going to go to the track a handful of times throughout the year. I would suggest a part # 2015129 to allow you to maintain a great ride quality and still allow you to center the rear end due to it shifting when you install the lowering springs if you do decide to lower it. And I would also suggest a set of lower control arm relocation brackets. To allow you adjust the LCA back to the correct angle eliminating wheel hop and increasing your traction performance.

Then seeing how you are putting down that type of HP I would strongly suggest looking into getting a adjustable pan hard bar to allow you to adjust the pinon angle. And a relocation bracket to allow you to get the arm off of the rear of the transmission so you don't have to worry about breaking the tail-shaft due to the mounting location.

And any of our SFC's will hold up to anything that you would want to throw at them. They will maintain a great solid chassis and eliminate any possible issues of possibly damaging the structure such as dimples on the quarter panels, Leaks with T Tops vehicles.

Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...an920q7v3cop72

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks Again
Brad
Old 04-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Launching!

Can anyone tell me if i should go with 2 point SFC or 3 Point. Will 3 point really even be worth it i heard they weigh a ton!

Quick Reply: What do i need?