Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Passenger rear tire getting chewed up

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger rear tire getting chewed up

My car is sitting on the Strano/Koni setup and is running 315s out back. While it looks amazing and handles awesome, the outer edge of my passenger rear tire is getting chewed up by the metal lip on the inner side of the fender. It seems to only happen when the car is articulating like driving sideways up a sloped driveway and the tire gets tucked.

My first inkling was to adjust the PHB to pull the passenger side in a hair a little which I did yesturday at AutoX (came 1st in my class ). My second thought was to roll my fenders. And since the passenger side naturally sits lower to begin with I was thinking about raising it a little to even up the rear; can this be done by simply twisting the spring or would I need to add something to the pad?

Has anyone else run into this kind of situation?

How easy/hard is it to roll fenders? Is it effective?

Should I be concerned that my tire is now junk (I'll post a picture) even though it still holds air and handled fine in AutoX?
Old 04-19-2010, 06:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you adjust the PHB to "just pull the pass side in a little", or did you actually take the time to center the rear end under the car?? I think it would be worthwhile to center it up first, before resorting to body modifications....
Old 04-27-2010, 08:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my fenders rolled 8 yrs ago, never a problem since.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ran into the same problem I ended up rolling my own fenders the ghetto way. Even though tire still rubs while the car hits a dip in the road it stopped chewing it up.

Quick Reply: Passenger rear tire getting chewed up