Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

torque arm bushing

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default torque arm bushing

Just got my Energy Suspension torque arm bushing. In the process of putting new motor and tranny in the car. Got the torque arm mount bracket for the tailshaft, and got the bushing today. Big block of rubber with a litttle M cut in it. Is this a joke? There is no way that the bushing is going to get on the end of the torque arm. Whats the secret here before I take a Dremel and cut this bad boy in half and I'll just clamshell them back over the torque arm. This is a adjustable BMR torque arm. Maybe its bushing is different?

Last edited by CJJones87; 04-24-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

A lot of aftermarket torque arms use their own bushing that you have to get from the manufacturer of the torque arm. Unless it is the older style that has the front like the stock one then the bushing will slide on there
Old 04-24-2010, 08:59 PM
12 Second Club

Its probably a different bushing . I just installed a poly T/A mount on mine . It was tight but worked quite well .No cutting nessesary .
Old 04-24-2010, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE Z
Its probably a different bushing . I just installed a poly T/A mount on mine . It was tight but worked quite well .No cutting nessesary .
This is what I'm leaning towards. Here is a pic of my bushing:

As I'm sure some of you know, the torque arm end that is supposed to go through this is a pipe about 1" in diameter. I just don't see how its going to work. Maybe someone from BMR will step in and confirm that I need a bushing specific for their torque arm. Thanks for the replies.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah if its a round one you have to get it from who ever makes the torque arm
Old 04-24-2010, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bigj2717
Yeah if its a round one you have to get it from who ever makes the torque arm
OK thanks. I was thinking this when I looked at my factory panhard bar and it looks like it may fit into something like this, but I just dont see how how the 1" round end of the BMR torque arm is going to slide into this. Looks like I will be calling BMR Monday. Thanks guys.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:44 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

the bushing you have is made for the stock torque arm, or one that has a stock type end. I just got the UMI adjustable TA and it has a bushing with a round hole. You need that type of bushing.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pjb
the bushing you have is made for the stock torque arm, or one that has a stock type end. I just got the UMI adjustable TA and it has a bushing with a round hole. You need that type of bushing.
Hello
Thanks for choosing UMI Performance! Yes hes correct you are going to need to get in touch with them to get the correct bushing that has the hole for the torque arm. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
thanks
Brad
Old 04-26-2010, 07:26 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

the Energy Suspension "lube" that comes with the TA is very thick and seems more like glue then lube. It makes the installation of the torque arm very difficult. I had to wipe it all off the bushing and use different spray lube to even get the end of the torque arm to slide into the bushing.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CJJones87
This is what I'm leaning towards. Here is a pic of my bushing:

As I'm sure some of you know, the torque arm end that is supposed to go through this is a pipe about 1" in diameter. I just don't see how its going to work. Maybe someone from BMR will step in and confirm that I need a bushing specific for their torque arm. Thanks for the replies.
That is for a stock torque arm!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CJJones87
OK thanks. I was thinking this when I looked at my factory panhard bar and it looks like it may fit into something like this, but I just dont see how how the 1" round end of the BMR torque arm is going to slide into this. Looks like I will be calling BMR Monday. Thanks guys.
Give me a call I have them in stock no problem...

Your sig says Tampa so you can even stop by to save the shipping
Old 04-26-2010, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for all the help guys. Got it figured out and got a new BMR bushing in the mail.

Quick Reply: torque arm bushing