Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

pros & cons on adj vs non adj LCA's

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 06:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pros & cons on adj vs non adj LCA's

now that i got a 315 tire..i gained huge amounts of wheel hop.

to combat this im gonna upgrade all my rear suspension as far as LCAs, panhard bar and tq arm since its all the flimsy factory pieces.

i wanna know the pros and cons between adjustable and non adjustable LCA's other then the price lol.

thanks guys.

oh and i plan on the relocation bracket for the LCA's as well.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I noticed you are looking into replacing your rear suspension components. And I just wanted to throw a few suggestions out there for you. If the vehicle is going to stay at stock and is a daily driver. And you are looking to replace the factory components then non adjustable parts are great for that. As long as they are properly greased they will last for years to come.

If you are going to be doing and type of racing or plan on putting down a lot of HP and replacing the rear end. I would highly suggest going with at least a single adjustable to maintain a good ride quality with the poly bushing on the chassis and a rod end on the rear end. And they will allow you center the rear in the wheel well if you decide to run a aftermarket rear end. And the also eliminate any possible binding issues that are possible to occur to the offset mounting locations (Moser Rears).

Either set up you decide to go with will work with Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...sdjc3uomn2a7o6

If you have any other questions feel free to ask! I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 04-27-2010, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would recommend just the LCA reloc brackets at this time. Your factory LCA's should be fine until you upgrade your rear. The brackets alone should eliminate wheel hop. Are you lowered at all?
Old 04-27-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Regular

i got all non on mine but mine is more show then drag.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Teching In

thanks brad..i actually went ahead an ordered(not from UMI..i didnt read this till after the order..but my tq arm will prob be from yall) non adjustable LCA's even though i do alot of drag racing..im not gonna worry about adjustable ones till i start bracket racing..right now test n tunes and fun and grudge days..hopefully ill see some lowered 60' times on st tires
Old 04-28-2010, 06:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by InsaneAuto86
I would recommend just the LCA reloc brackets at this time. Your factory LCA's should be fine until you upgrade your rear. The brackets alone should eliminate wheel hop. Are you lowered at all?

yeah its lowered about 1.25 in i beleive(was on the car when i bought)

Quick Reply: pros & cons on adj vs non adj LCA's