Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Old suspension

Old 04-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old suspension

I have a 1998 Firebird has 101k on the clock and its still has the stock suspension on her. When I get into hard turns she squats down and rubs on inside front and rear fender walls. What should I replace? Its my dd and I dont drag race but I do enjoy the occasional freeway sprints and high speed turns. I also would like to lower her 1.5" or so.

Thanks for any help.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Seeing how when you are going around turns, and your tires rub. I would suggest either replacing the sway bar end links and mounting (rubber brackets) to a poly version. Or just look into upgrading to a new complete front and rear sway bars set. I just wanted to leave you know that UMI Performance offers a 35mm front solid and a 22mm rear solid. And they feature new Energy Suspension bushings and end links. Below is a link.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...l67g6uhbdh4d64

And I also noticed that you are looking into lowering the vehicle. And anytime you lower a vehicle, I would highly suggest looking into a adjustable pan hard bar to allow you to center the rear back under the vehicle and eliminate clearance issues, due the the rear shifts when you lower a vehicle. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...l67g6uhbdh4d64

And when you purchase from UMI Performance you are getting a great quality product that is made right here at our own facility in the USA. If you have any other questions feel free to ask! I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 04-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

Could my tires be a factor as to why im rubbing in the turns? 245/45zr17's in the Front and 275/40zr18's in the rear.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
No that shouldn't be a factor. That is more along the lines of a stock tire size. Is the vehicle lowered? And if so how much?
Thanks
Brad
Old 04-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

Nope its stock height atm but I plan on lowering it in the near future

Search this Thread