Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I'm going CTS-V Brake Upgrade...

Old 05-08-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm going CTS-V Brake Upgrade...

So I have all the part numbers to get the brake upgrade,

I have the rotors, the left and right front caliper part number, the pin kit part number (as I need to order two of them, one for each caliper) and then the part number for the pads are 89047725.

But I want to get HAWK pads for this set up as I do no want to run the stock pads.

So here is my question: Does part number 89047725 (pads) come with any other hardware or JUST the pads themselves? I searched but have not found out if I need to order the pads incase they come with other hardware needed (as the calipers come unloaded, as we all know).

If all that part number is, is the pads themselves and only themselves, then I will not order it.

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2010, 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

What other hardware do you want? I'll look in my hawk box when I go to my parents house
Old 05-08-2010, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tudds
What other hardware do you want? I'll look in my hawk box when I go to my parents house
Well you have to buy the calipers piece by piece. So you have to order the calipers themselves, then the pin kit, then the pads, and then assemble.

I'm just trying to make sure that all the necessary hardware needed to assemble the kit (besides the brake pads!) comes with the unloaded calipers and the pin kit.

Last edited by CranMaro99; 05-09-2010 at 04:08 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Junkie

The pin kit comes with a little plate I believe, I saw a video of youtube where they remove the pins and plate to swap the pads. There's nothing else
I'll check my parts when I go to my parents
Old 05-08-2010, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was in the same boat as you when I did mine, I ended up finding some at a yunkyard that came with everything...so I can't really help with the p/n. I ended up getting hawk pads as well.

But if you can't find the info, I would just order the pin kit. When you get them, check if they come with 2 pins and the metal plate. If they do, then you have everything you need, the hawk pads do not come with these pieces, just the pads themselves.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought calipers, and pin kit from parts taxi. actually need to purchase another pin kit cuz i thought it came for both sides. and i bought hawk pads separate. just need the rims and washers. waiting for my taxes to get here and i'll be gettin the rims.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tudds
The pin kit comes with a little plate I believe, I saw a video of youtube where they remove the pins and plate to swap the pads. There's nothing else
I'll check my parts when I go to my parents
Awesome man, thanks.

Originally Posted by peterlawl84
I was in the same boat as you when I did mine, I ended up finding some at a yunkyard that came with everything...so I can't really help with the p/n. I ended up getting hawk pads as well.

But if you can't find the info, I would just order the pin kit. When you get them, check if they come with 2 pins and the metal plate. If they do, then you have everything you need, the hawk pads do not come with these pieces, just the pads themselves.
Yeah I am in no rush to do this, so I was thinking of ordering everything but the pads, and then I'd know if I'd need them or not, but my gut says I won't anyways.

Originally Posted by Killer_Z
I bought calipers, and pin kit from parts taxi. actually need to purchase another pin kit cuz i thought it came for both sides. and i bought hawk pads separate. just need the rims and washers. waiting for my taxes to get here and i'll be gettin the rims.
Awesome sounds like I won't need to order the pads, since I don't want the stocker.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:12 AM
TECH Junkie

My hawk pads are part #hb453f585
Just the pads and some grease
Old 05-09-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CranMaro99
Awesome man, thanks.

Yeah I am in no rush to do this, so I was thinking of ordering everything but the pads, and then I'd know if I'd need them or not, but my gut says I won't anyways.

Awesome sounds like I won't need to order the pads, since I don't want the stocker.

Thanks guys!
yeah i believe there were 2 options for calipers 1 w/ pads 1 w/o pads. or calipers came w/o pads all together and had option to buy with. lol but calipers alone didnt come w/ em.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I ordered the braided custom lines from here:

http://www.flynbye.com/catalog/i62.html

I remember back in the day that washers were needed to install the lines, but it looks like these washers now come included in this kit. Can anyone verify?
Old 05-10-2010, 07:13 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CranMaro99
I ordered the braided custom lines from here:

http://www.flynbye.com/catalog/i62.html

I remember back in the day that washers were needed to install the lines, but it looks like these washers now come included in this kit. Can anyone verify?
must be new, when i ordered mine it only came w/ lines nothing else.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Ordered mine lines a few month ago from Flynbye and they came with the washers but I also got the calipers from him.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got mine after he was backordered for awhile. Mine came with the washers and banjo bolt (I think thats what its called)...anyways it came with everything needed to hook up the brake lines. The only washers I needed were the ones used to space the caliper correctly over the rotors.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:43 AM
TECH Resident

hmm maybe mine did then i'll double check the box one of these days

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm going CTS-V Brake Upgrade...