Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Did I get the wrong shocks for my 99TT.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Did I get the wrong shocks for my 99TT.

I just got strange shocks thru BMR and installed the back double adjustables today. Didn't play with them much yet but they seem nice.

Now got some front ones and just went to strange website. They have two models of double adjustable the one model and then one that says drag only. I am pretty sure got the drag only ones as that part number seems to be only one listed on the bmr website.

Now I did get 325 pound springs since my car is front heavy since swapping in iron block and added few hundred pounds of turbos and intercooler.

So are these wrong for me. My car is 95% street car. Why does it say drag only or would that be if put on say 275 springs??Anyone running these on a mostly street car.

I will be talking to Bmr tommorrow they have always gave me great service and support and sure they will not steer me wrong but just a bit worried now that it says drag only on the model that think I got. To make it worse there is no model numbers on the box for these shocks and can't find a model number anywhere on them. They do have serial numbers though.

I sure hope don't have to ship them back. It sounds like maybe the other shocks don't have options for springs that the drag only ones do.
But if these things bounce like pogo sticks driving around on the street will not be happy camper. I needed adjustable ride height to get my car out of the weeds.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Allan I just sent a E-mail back to you.

Let me know how it works out
Old 05-17-2010, 11:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok after talking to strange have more info. Both shocks are the same in terms of valving,etc. The only difference is which springs you choose to use . So simply ordered the street springs and guess don't use the drag top piece and use the stock top piece thats about only diff but something about for street use the bearings or something on the drag top piece can wear out prematurely or get noisy.So its not anything dangerous about the shock valving.
So solution was to just order the street springs and will keep my other springs around just in case decide to use them most likely.