Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

konis 4/3 and Upper strut mount ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 01:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default konis 4/3 and Upper strut mount ?

Hey guys, I got a new strut mount and wanted to know how to put the front konis 4/3 attached to it. Is there supposed to be a washer inserted between the top shock nuts and the innner body to the strut mount? Seems like i am missing a piece when i tighter the nut on the shock which is on the rubber strut mount the rubber piece the nut is sitting on inverts inside out because of the pressure. I dont know if this make any sence. thanks for your help!
Old 05-15-2010, 02:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive seen some guys add washers on here, try a search. If not hope someone chimes in to help ya out.

this "MIGHT" help, not sure if its what your looking for.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ock-mount.html

Last edited by steveo346; 05-15-2010 at 03:19 AM.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for you help, I will try to call Sam to see if I am missing somthing. I feel like there a washer that goes between the nut and the innner surface of the strut mount to prevent it frmo caving in when i tighten the bolt
Old 05-15-2010, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The upper triangular piece is steel with a rubber outer section, that goes between the nut and the upper mount - are you saying that piece is not supporting the nut?
Old 05-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

it should go back just like stock except for the washer that koni provides with the shock. the washer location is shown on the koni directions, but it goes between the shock body and the metal/rubber shock mount.

so, you should have the shock body, then a washer (provided with koni shock), then the big rubber/metal shock mount, then the small rubber piece (this maybe what your are forgetting or missing), then the shock nut.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah i think that triangular piece didnt come with the strut mount. Right now the nut is not supported by the triangular mount. Do you guys know what that peice that inserts between the nut and the strut mount is called? Thanks guys

Quick Reply: konis 4/3 and Upper strut mount ?