Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Traction Control without ABS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 12:37 AM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Traction Control without ABS?

I'm pretty sure this is impossible but I'm wondering if there is a way to trick the PCM and BCM into thinking that the ABS is still operating to enable traction control? I've done the SJM kit on my car but still have functional cruise control. The ABS Inop light is on as well as the Brake light natureally because there is no ABS distribution block plugged in under the hood anymore. So what about it? It'd be nice to have traction control since all the speed sensors and ASR/Cruise module are still hooked up.

I was mainly going to try to use this for a tuneable launch control by adjusting the timing the PCM pulls when activated.

I'm working with a 4 channel ASR equipped 2000 Z28

Last edited by LSxPwrDZ; 05-20-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are correct in your assumption. It is not possible to remove ABS and the ABS controller and retain TCS.

Even if you could, i'm not sure if this is a good idea. If I'm not mistaken, when TCS is activated, it not only pulls timing, but it pulls fuel and adjusts the curve. Something you don't want when you're using a power adder.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:04 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I can control the timing it pulls and I'm pretty sure the fueling doesnt change. I was mainly going to use the throttle kickback portion of the ordeal and turn all the timing off. But since there is no way to trick the ABS module into thinking the block is out under the hood then it's a lost cause lol.

Quick Reply: Traction Control without ABS?