Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

no traction

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no traction

i runin on Nitto Invos, Vette 19x10 on the rear. Stock suspension. I need to get some more grab. i was told traction bars are good for that, but i need the secret of the street car's traction.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I noticed you are having traction issues! And I would like to throw this out there for you that UMI Performance offers a wide variety of suspension parts that I am sure will meet your traction needs.

I would suggest eliminating your stamped lower control arms with the blown bushings and replacing them with a set of solid LCA's with poly grease able bushings.

And then to allow you to adjust the pinion angle I would also suggest looking into a set of LCA relocation brackets. They will allow you to adjust your LCA so that they are parallel to the ground. Therefore eliminating any possible chances of wheel hop. And also they will increase your traction performance as well.

Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...au7sdab3vdjio1

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 05-21-2010, 04:05 PM
12 Second Club

^^^ nice commercial.

Anyways... How about ditching the 19's and going with a big & little set up.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Launching!

UMI sales
"And then to allow you to adjust the pinion angle I would also suggest looking into a set of LCA relocation brackets. They will allow you to adjust your LCA so that they are parallel to the ground."

Just wanted to ask/clarify, I didn't think the lower control arms had anything to do with pinion angle, let alone relo' brackets. Isn't that all up to the torque arm
Old 05-22-2010, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

Default Lets keep it real.

Yes the UMI suspension upgrades will help, but your tire size and type of tire is killing you. Those 19 inch street Invos dont have much side wall and being a street tire vrs a drag radial or street slick limits you also. If you are going to run a 19 inch tire switch to a drag radial and purchase some VHT (trackbite). Before racing drop your tire pressure down (16-20 psi) and heat them up to get them sticky using the VHT of course. That should help you getting of the line without spinning.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:15 AM
Teching In

i have a full set of stock 16's, should i just use those and get som slicks mounted on all 4 and have 2 set of strip tires? i meand is a 16x8 wheel gunna hold enuff rubber?
Old 05-24-2010, 08:16 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by desertLS1
^^^ nice commercial.

Anyways... How about ditching the 19's and going with a big & little set up.
Thanks I've been practicing....He never said anything about racing the car. And it is pretty obvious with running a bigger wheel combo the side wall will be firmer and not allow any flexing. And just going off of that I just suggested going with some aftermarket products such as LCA's and Relocation Brackets. Anytime anyone installs them they notice a difference in traction performance. Besides its a lot less cheaper then a new set of wheels and tires.....lol. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad

Originally Posted by 913MOTOR
UMI sales
"And then to allow you to adjust the pinion angle I would also suggest looking into a set of LCA relocation brackets. They will allow you to adjust your LCA so that they are parallel to the ground."Just wanted to ask/clarify, I didn't think the lower control arms had anything to do with pinion angle, let alone relo' brackets. Isn't that all up to the torque arm
Hello
The relocation brackets don't adjust your pinon angle. They allow you to change your instant center. For faster weight transfers therefore offering harder launches. And the pinion angle is in the torque arm. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 05-30-2010, 06:12 PM
12 Second Club

Get some sticky tires

Quick Reply: no traction