Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

eibach lowering springs moaning on bumps, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eibach lowering springs moaning on bumps, HELP

when i get in the car and any time i hit the slightest bump the sportline lowering springs i put on my car kinda squeak or moan a bit, nothing comes to my mind as to why they do this. any help would be awesome.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:39 AM
Teching In

sounds like something is rubbing. did you check the piston on the struys/ shocks? are they clean and free of blemishes? how about the boot over the strut? was that installed properly? just a start
Old 05-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Banned

yea ive checked the struts and shocks, i put the springs on about 2 weeks ago and they started doing it roughly 100 miles later.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its because those springs are garbage.

I currently have them with stock shocks, I HATE the ride, but the stance is bad ***...
Ill be going strano springs nxt.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

I had the Sportlines on my car for a year and never had that problem. I'd think it's something else did you remove the rubber isolators that go on top of the springs in the rear?

Oh and I just swapped them for Strano's! I loved the killer stance Sportlines gave my car!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The springs, themselves, don't "moan". What you're hearing is something else that is now trying to "re-adjust" itself to the lower car height, due to the installation of the springs. Did you loosen ALL of the a-arm bolts in front, and LCA bolts in the rear, and the PHB bolts, and let the car "settle" after you installed the springs?

If not, the "moaning" you're hearing is most likely caused by those bushings trying to turn and get re-positioned. Also, it could be from the sway bar bushings, especially if the OE rubber bushings are still in place, as they too, have to get re-positioned, due to the lower ride height.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
The springs, themselves, don't "moan". What you're hearing is something else that is now trying to "re-adjust" itself to the lower car height, due to the installation of the springs. Did you loosen ALL of the a-arm bolts in front, and LCA bolts in the rear, and the PHB bolts, and let the car "settle" after you installed the springs?

If not, the "moaning" you're hearing is most likely caused by those bushings trying to turn and get re-positioned. Also, it could be from the sway bar bushings, especially if the OE rubber bushings are still in place, as they too, have to get re-positioned, due to the lower ride height.
Really???? Loosening all the bolts??? Funny how I've swapped springs numerous times and never had to do that without the moaning aferwards.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by conde'strans
Really???? Loosening all the bolts??? Funny how I've swapped springs numerous times and never had to do that without the moaning aferwards.

We all get lucky sometimes, it appears the OP didn't....

Quick Reply: eibach lowering springs moaning on bumps, HELP