Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Pinion angle adjustment question

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pinion angle adjustment question

I just got my moser 9 in and ordered adjustable panhard bar and non adjustable lower control arms.

Was wondering if there was a way to adgust the angle of the rear it seems like it will be off a few degrees, I haven't set it on the ground yet.

I need to order new lower control arm,(ment rear sway bar, that have any affect on angle?) so that's not on yet and also getting adjustable torque arm, factory being used.

Any help would be great! :-)
-edit rear sway bar

Last edited by th3unwant3d1; 05-24-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

An adj torque arm is the only way to adjust the pinion angle properly
Old 05-24-2010, 07:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello

Hello
As long as the vehicle is still at stock ride height (which is recommended for aftermarket rears so you don't have any clearance issues) it will be close but hard to say what exactly the angle will be with out checking it. But when you go with a adjustable arm they will allow you to fine tune the rear by allow you to adjust the pinion angle to what works the best for your set up.

I noticed you are going with a aftermarket rear end. And I noticed you got a set of new LCA's and Pan Hard bar. Anytime a customer is running a aftermarket rear I would always suggest going with at least a set of single adjustable LCA's to allow you center the wheel in the wheel well. And with that specific rear end the rod ends will eliminate any possible binding issues that can occur with a non adjustable due to the offset mounting locations in the rear.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I will be more than glad to help. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...slk9gmff3d6aq7

Thanks
Brad
Old 05-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks! Yea, pretty happy with look of UMI parts, I will be ordering a rear sway bar from you guys too.

I pretty much figured if I needed to adjust more I would go with adjustable LCAs. Hopefully I won't need to :-P.

I will be ordering a UMI Tourque arm though :-)

-thanks again for input
Old 05-24-2010, 09:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by th3unwant3d1
Thanks! Yea, pretty happy with look of UMI parts, I will be ordering a rear sway bar from you guys too.

I pretty much figured if I needed to adjust more I would go with adjustable LCAs. Hopefully I won't need to :-P.

I will be ordering a UMI Tourque arm though :-)

-thanks again for input
Great to Hear! No Problem glad that I could help.
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: Pinion angle adjustment question